AldenJ's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 13th, 2019 11:14 AM

Can the favorite list be made the default, so I don't have to switch to it everytime i press on Guid

I almost never want to see the full Guide. My favorites list skips the shopping channels and other channels I have no interest in. It annoys me to always have to switch to favorites every time I want to see the guide. Can the guide be set so the favorites automatically displays, instead of the full guide.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

No, the Guide goes to the main page every time.  Some people like the Favorites but I prefer the HIDE CHANNELS option:  Menu (remote) > Options > Hide Channels >

This has to be done on each box and if there's a free preview of a channel and you've previously hidden it, it will not appear on your Guide.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Press the yellow triangular "A" button to directly access the Favorites grid.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Skater1164 - the "A" button always brings up the Favorites and the Guide button always brings up the Guide.  Pressing the "A" button does not change the meaning of the Guide button.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

After pressing the yellow triangle and going to my favorites, I choose my channel, i want to go back to my favorites but it reverts back to all channels unless I press the yellow triangle again.  Why won't it stay on favorites?  Just switched from Direct TV and this is a deal breaker for me- may have to switch back. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

5 years ago

The only solution to your problem (since what you describe is the way it works), is to Hide the channels that you don't want to see from the guide.  See post 2 above.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.