For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
rdlouhy's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, September 13th, 2011 9:09 PM

Can't record 4 shows at once.

Sometimes I can't even record 1 show. We have 4 tvs 1 is hd and last night we had 3 tvs on and got the message that we had to interupt a tv or stop a recording. Why does att say you can record 4 shows at once?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I got the same message all the time. We have 5 tv's in the house with 5 boxes. There's only 3 tv's on at the same time and they are on different channels. Yet the main TV in the living room always gets the 'interrupt another TV' message. Very deceiving from what the serviceman told us upon installation. Plus, the living room TV gets a destroyed screen and you end up not being able to hear or see the channel. We just acquired AT&T in December and already need a new box for our main TV.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

i found a way around it ....on monday nights i couldn't record wwe and dallas at the same time without one of the tv's being turned off we have 4 boxes......so i record wwe from 7ct to 10ct. on usa....then i record dallas on the tnt west feed at 11ct

Guru

• 

622 Messages

10 years ago

@boston1129 wrote:

I got the same message all the time. We have 5 tv's in the house with 5 boxes. There's only 3 tv's on at the same time and they are on different channels. Yet the main TV in the living room always gets the 'interrupt another TV' message. Very deceiving from what the serviceman told us upon installation. Plus, the living room TV gets a destroyed screen and you end up not being able to hear or see the channel. We just acquired AT&T in December and already need a new box for our main TV.

Are all four of the "on" TVs tuned to HD channels?  Not everybody can get 4 incoming HD channels at the same time.  Try tuning one of the TVs to its SD equivalent channel (e.g. 202 for CNN, 602 for ESPN) and see what happens.

Also, "the TV is off" and "the box is off" are not necessarily the same thing.  Check to see if any of your boxes are in (the green oval around the power button is lit) even though the TV itself is turned off.

Pardon me for asking, but what's a "destroyed" screen?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I need help as well and this was the closest thread I could find.  🙂  Just got Uverse installed and so far, it seems pretty cool.  Unfortunately, I don't have the whole DVR/Viewing options down yet.

Info:  5 DVRs, 5 TVs

Profile:  Wan and Ingress are both 1SD/3HD

I had 2 HD programs being recorded at the same time.  Another TV was on an HD channel.  So when I turned the 4th TV on, I got the message stating I couldn't view HD channel and to cancel a recording.  I entered in an SD channel and got a message saying all of my TV units were being used.  There were only 3 streams going (all HD).  Why wasn't I able to view an SD channel?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

The only thing I can think of is one of the DVRs (aka STBs) that you thought was sleeping was actually on even though the TV was off. Make sure when you power down the green light on the STB goes off.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks!  Just to be sure...if I turn the DVR box off, will it still record shows I have scheduled for later that night?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@hblondie02 wrote:

Thanks!  Just to be sure...if I turn the DVR box off, will it still record shows I have scheduled for later that night?

Yes, your DVR will record regardless if the box is on or not.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks guys and/or gals!  Hope everyone is having a great 4th of July!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.