Txron's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 28th, 2014 12:57 PM

Closed

Can't pause wireless receiver or rewind

I continue to get the error, "The pause command is not available. Too many TVs in your home are watching or recording TV" when th wirless is the only TV being used.

I already unplugged it and plugged it back in. I made sure the other TVs were off.

This pluse the DNS issue with internet yesterday is sure making it hard to be an ATT fan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Txron wrote:

I continue to get the error, "The pause command is not available. Too many TVs in your home are watching or recording TV" when th wirless is the only TV being used.

I already unplugged it and plugged it back in. I made sure the other TVs were off.

This pluse the DNS issue with internet yesterday is sure making it hard to be an ATT fan.

You say your other TVs are off but make sure the ATT boxes are off also (NO light around the oval button on the front).  I've done this more than once.

If you are still having a problem, reset your modem in addition to the boxes.

P.S.  The DNS issue was a first.  I'm one of the first to get UV and it's the first time I had seen this happen.  Years ago, there was an nationwide system outage (made the news!) but other than that, I've had very steady service.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I unplugged the main DVR and it reset. Works now...Thx

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

As skeeter mentioned a reset of the DVR/receivers typically corrects this issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

When in doubt, reset.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

We got a new uverse box yesterday and couldnt get none of the wireless remote commands to work.

I read this reply and WAALLAA Smiley Very Happy Its WORKSSSS... 

thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This uverse service is the worst.  Every week have to do a reset for everything to work.  Spotty router Ned bd customer service.  This system is about to go out next to the curb.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Silas409 wrote:

This uverse service is the worst.  Every week have to do a reset for everything to work.  Spotty router Ned bd customer service.  This system is about to go out next to the curb.

Have you had a tech come visit? Keep in mind that you may have multiple issues which may require multiple tech visits. When I first went to U-Verse, I had a lot of coax cable running into unused outlets and a lot of really old coax which needed to be replaced. Once the techs got everything re-wired, I have had nothing but success.

If you have errors, switching providers may not do anything to help with those errors. Bad wire is bad wire, no matter what provider you have,

Keep in mind that if you literally put it "to the curb" you will be billed for the equipment. I've found TV equipment in the trash can... believe it or not, all that stuff is tracked by serial number and it's possibly reported as stolen if the customer doesn't return it within the pre-determined amount of time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I recently switched from Direct TV to U-verse because I had comcast internet and I wanted to consolidate everything under one provider to save money.  However now I find I have lost the ability to fast-forward or rewind recorded programs.  What's us with that?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@HamptonClovis - Try a whole house boot. Pull lug on all boxes, including WAP.

Replug RG - wait for all green.

replug DVR - wait for viewing

Replug WAP & STBs.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I can pause, but I can't rewind or fast forward.  Are these features that are just not a part of U-verse?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.