skeeterintexas's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 1:40 AM

Can't pause on live TV on STB

I can't pause live TV on (we'll call it) TV #3 (STB).  It was hooked up via component but I recently changed it to HDMI.

This is a TV I don't watch very often so I'm not sure how long the ability to pause has not been working.

I've done a reset of the box (remote and unplugging both) and no luck.  It's not that big of a deal since I don't watch this TV often and pausing is not that big of a deal.  I'd just like to be able to if I want to!

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

You might try switching remotes.  I had a similar situation and it was due to a faulty remote. 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Did you try swaping the boxes to see if the problem moved?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

Good idea! (duhhhh)....I try that tomorrow and report back.  Smiley Happy

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

Ur losing it skeeter, how long you been on these forums? Smiley Wink

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

I was hoping that it was a simple reset. 

Pulling out the boxes...unplugging cr@p....it's such....a.....hassle..... Smiley Mad 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@jayevee44 wrote:

You might try switching remotes.  I had a similar situation and it was due to a faulty remote. 

Good news....I used a different remote and it worked....weirdly, when I tried the original remote it worked too after I switched back and forth a couple of times.  (Thanks Jayevee)  Smiley Frustrated

Maybe the box just needed a little kickstart from the 2nd remote....at least that's my theory. Smiley Very Happy

Ain't technology grand????? Smiley Tongue

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

glad it was that easy. If you haven't used that remote in a while the batteries may be getting weak.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

The remote in question has been acting goofy for awhile....even after putting new batteries in it.

Thanks for the heads up....I'll keep these issues in mind and might just call and get a new one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.