Can't pause on live TV on STB

ACE - Master

Can't pause on live TV on STB

I can't pause live TV on (we'll call it) TV #3 (STB).  It was hooked up via component but I recently changed it to HDMI.

This is a TV I don't watch very often so I'm not sure how long the ability to pause has not been working.

I've done a reset of the box (remote and unplugging both) and no luck.  It's not that big of a deal since I don't watch this TV often and pausing is not that big of a deal.  I'd just like to be able to if I want to!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 9 (1,388 Views)

Re: Can't pause on live TV on STB

Did you try swaping the boxes to see if the problem moved?

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 9 (1,381 Views)
ACE - Master

Good idea! (duhhhh)....I try that tomorrow and report back.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9 (1,379 Views)

Ur losing it skeeter, how long you been on these forums? Smiley Wink

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 9 (1,374 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

I was hoping that it was a simple reset. 

Pulling out the boxes...unplugging cr@p....it's such....a.....hassle..... Smiley Mad 

Message 5 of 9 (1,366 Views)
Explorer
Solution
Accepted by topic author skeeterintexas
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

You might try switching remotes.  I had a similar situation and it was due to a faulty remote. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,339 Views)
ACE - Master

jayevee44 wrote:

You might try switching remotes.  I had a similar situation and it was due to a faulty remote. 

Good news....I used a different remote and it worked....weirdly, when I tried the original remote it worked too after I switched back and forth a couple of times.  (Thanks Jayevee)  Smiley Frustrated

Maybe the box just needed a little kickstart from the 2nd remote....at least that's my theory. Smiley Very Happy

Ain't technology grand????? Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 9 (1,318 Views)

glad it was that easy. If you haven't used that remote in a while the batteries may be getting weak.

Message 8 of 9 (1,294 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

The remote in question has been acting goofy for awhile....even after putting new batteries in it.

Thanks for the heads up....I'll keep these issues in mind and might just call and get a new one.

Message 9 of 9 (1,285 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.