Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can only watch certain records on other devices.

Highlighted
Tutor

Can only watch certain records on other devices.

I've recorded several shows and movies.  However, certain shows don't have a "Watch" button on any devices other than my TV.  I've tried on my iMac and my iPhone and these shows are not available to watch on either device.  An example would be Aerial America on Smithsonian.  

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by skeeterintexas
‎06-25-2017 9:40 AM

Re: Can only watch certain records on other devices.

You are not watching your recordings on your devices since that feature is not available on Uverse. 

What you are watching are programs available from the On Demand library.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks, but I think you're mistaken, or I'm not understanding you. I've recorded many movies from the regular guide (not On Demand) and they all work fine. It's only a few that I have this issue with.

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Expert

Bottom line:  You can only watch recordings on your TV.  The ability to watch on another device like your phone or tablet DOES NOT EXIST with Uverse service unless you use a Slingbox or other such device.  Apparently some of the programs and/or movies you recorded are available from the On Demand library.  

I believe DirecTV does allow you to watch recordings remotely...but Uverse does not.  

ETA:  Check out the  Uverse Mobile User Guide

It will explain how you can manage your recordings and watch live programs or content from On Demand but you will not find any information on WATCHING content from DVR because it does not exist.

It is what it is...sorry.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Tutor

Aha! I see what you mean now.

Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support