CW in Charleston, SC

Contributor

CW in Charleston, SC

I am in Charleston, SC (29414).  I just switched to UVerse.  Am I just not looking at the guide correctly?  I cannot find the CW anywhere.  Is it called something different?

Message 1 of 6 (2,408 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: CW in Charleston, SC

The CW in Charleston, SC is shown on the station below and it's a sub-channel 2.2.  AT&T U-verse does not carry any station sub-channels so your not going to get it.

StationChannelLocal Area
WCBD-DT2.2CHARLESTON, SC

It is carried by the providers below:

ProviderStationChannelLocal Area
COMCAST CABLEWCBD-DT14CHARLESTON, SC
HOME TELECOMWCBD-DT7CHARLESTON, SC
KNOLOGYWCBD-DT12CHARLESTON, SC
WOWWCBD-DT12CHARLESTON, SC
DIRECTV LOCAL - CHARLESTONWDCW-DT14CHARLESTON, SC
DIRECTV LOCAL - CHARLESTONWCBD-DT3CHARLESTON, SC
DISH NETWORKWCBD-DT7892CHARLESTON, SC
DISHNET LOCAL - CHARLESTON, SCWCBD-DT50CHARLESTON, SC

You can check all of the channels available in your market by package type here: AT&T U-verse Channels - Digital TV & HD Channel Listings

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (2,408 Views)

I will correct you on this matter. The CW is on digital channel 49.3 which just has been added to the Topeka, KS lineup on UVerse Channel 50. Myself and others in the area made a channel request to AT&T at http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 3 of 6 (986 Views)
ACE - Expert

ScottM101956 wrote:

I will correct you on this matter. The CW is on digital channel 49.3 which just has been added to the Topeka, KS lineup on UVerse Channel 50. Myself and others in the area made a channel request to AT&T at http://uversechannels.att.com/

How is this a correction?  He was talking about the Charleston, SC market.  You are talking about the Topkea, KS market.  A thousand miles apart.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (978 Views)

I was talking into regards that Uverse does add substations. Our CW in Topeka is a substation and was just added. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

Message 5 of 6 (955 Views)
ACE - Expert

ScottM101956 wrote:

I was talking into regards that Uverse does add substations. Our CW in Topeka is a substation and was just added. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

AT&T does add some subchannels in certain markets using criteria known only to them.  Yes, it's a good idea to request the channel, but it is far from certain that your channel will be added, regardless of whether it's a subchannel or a national cable channel.  As a general rule, AT&T does not carry subchannels unless its a big-three (maybe four) affiliate.

This situation may be a package deal from the ABC affiliate requiring the CW be carried in order for the ABC channel to be carried by U-verse (actually, due to some Shared Services Agreements in the Topeka market, NBC and FOX carriage could also be entangled in this).

Message 6 of 6 (943 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.