anhenn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 2:28 AM

CBS shows not recording tonight 11/5

So last weeks CBS programs recorded but they were reruns due to hurricane coverage.

Tonights episodes aren't recording even thought the date stamp is for today.

Agravating!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@anhenn wrote:

I deleted a few and a few were still on there from last week. It didn't matter it didn't record any of them.

You would think it would check the original air date which was adjusted to today.  

Unfortunately I realized it too late. I missed 3 out of the 4 programs.  

Nope.  If the DVR recorded a program the previous week with was labeled as the same episode that is being aired this week, the DVR thinks that the episode has already been recorded and it will not record it again.  Due to programming being preempted by Hurricane Sandy coverage the previous week, the programming shown that weekd did not match what was it the Guide. As I stated earlier, it's not a U-verse issue.  It's the way DVR's are programmed.  I experience the same issue with my Tivo.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

I have a different company for TV, but I'm seeing the same thing. My DVR is saying it didn't record because 'recorded previously'.

I'm thinking what's happening is even though it is 'new' guide information is identical to last week, so the DVR is thinking it's the same episode. I didn't delete the episode recorded last week, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

@MicCheck wrote:
I have a different company for TV, but I'm seeing the same thing. My DVR is saying it didn't record because 'recorded previously'.

I'm thinking what's happening is even though it is 'new' guide information is identical to last week, so the DVR is thinking it's the same episode. I didn't delete the episode recorded last week, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

Yeah, I have seen this happen before on my Tivo using an OTA antenna when the same program was listed two weeks in a row.  The DVR thinks that the episode has already been recorded.  Not really a U-verse issue.  You just have to manually select the recording.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I deleted a few and a few were still on there from last week. It didn't matter it didn't record any of them.

You would think it would check the original air date which was adjusted to today.  

Unfortunately I realized it too late. I missed 3 out of the 4 programs. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

Glad that I erased last week's Mike and Molly amd Two Broke Girls recordings, so the new, new episodes would record.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.