fordf1's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, December 14th, 2015 4:11 PM

Black Bar at Bottom of Screen when changing channels

I'm not sure if my wife hit a button on the remote by mistake, or if it started doing this on its own... but now when changing channels the black bar that comes up when you change channels is coming up and staying on for several seconds before going away.  Not sure, but don't think this black bar even came up before, but there was no delay in seeing the entire picture when the new channel came on.  Why did this start doing this and how can we stop it?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

8 years ago

Could it be @fordf1 that your screen resolution was set in such a way that the black info bar (which has also been there for me, since day 1) would be displayed off screen?  Sometimes resolution settings make the picture too big and it all doesn't fit.  I wonder if your resolution changed, where you are now seeing this?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

My thanks to everyone that responded to my "problem"... Y'all have confirmed that for once "I" was correct.  It is my wife that insists that it wasn't doing this before.  Now I'll still have to convince her that nothing changed.  :0)  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

No, I'm aware of the screen settings and nothing was changed.  I have since been convinced that the black bar/ 4-5 second delay has been there all along... my wife says it hasn't... not sure I can win this argument, but again my thanks to all who have contributed here.  :0)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

Are we talking about the black bar at the bottom of the screen that identifies the channel and the program name?  Because that's ALWAYS been there!

....leaves thread...hmphhh....trying to confuse an old lady.....

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

My theory is that it is "invisible" for most channels/shows. It is not until you want to read a banner (e.g. news, stock prices, sports scores) that are covered by it, that it becomes noticably repugnant.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@aviewer wrote:

My theory is that it is "invisible" for most channels/shows. It is not until you want to read a banner (e.g. news, stock prices, sports scores) that are covered by it, that it becomes noticably repugnant.

Not invisible, can see it everytime you change channels, even going back to recordings. As already stated it stays on for 4-5 seconds and never comes back up unless leaving the channel for something else and comes on on the next one. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

8 years ago

You are probably right… my wife did complain that she couldn't read the "crawl" (info moving across the bottom of the screen) while the black bar is there… and yes that is the black bar we're talking about. Thanks for the input.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@aviewer wrote:

Not invisible, can see it everytime you change channels, even going back to recordings. As already stated it stays on for 4-5 seconds and never comes back up unless leaving the channel for something else and comes on on the next one. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

I think aviewer was being facetious.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

Re: I think aviewer was being facetious. Seriously, but not literally. Hence, the quotes

Maybe "not intruding on the consciousness" would have been a better choice.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

Update - As a nervous fidget, I got to pressing the arrows around the OK button which causes the "black bar" to appear at the bottom of the screen.

It appeared to be quite a bit larger, blacker & less opaque than I remember it to be. One version displays the "preview" of the channel & that picture looks half again as large.

It does seem like it has always been there, but is now more intrusive. (at least it looks that way on Frontier & may have been done to att)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.