Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Bill

Mentor

Bill

My two year contract will be up in June and i have limited tv. I don't get HBO or any of the extra paid shows so i am wondering what to expect when it's up or if i can haggle a better price because we don't have but a few shows we even watch on it anyway...if not can someone give other options?

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by noway89
‎03-15-2019 9:42 AM

Re: Bill

@noway89 wrote:

My two year contract will be up in June and i have limited tv. I don't get HBO or any of the extra paid shows so i am wondering what to expect when it's up or if i can haggle a better price because we don't have but a few shows we even watch on it anyway...if not can someone give other options?

From your description, I am guessing that you have the U-Family plan which has over 200 channels. Do you also have U-Verse internet with your television plan? If you want to keep the same plans, I would call 1-800-288-2020, and ask for Retention. Let them know that you would would like to renew with the same cost that you are paying now. Otherwise, you may have to go with another provider.

See what they say. They may have a similar plan at a cost close to what you are paying now. The bad news is that they may NOT have a similar plan that day. Do not give up. Try a week or two later. They may have a similar discount plan that day. In the meantime, after your contract ends, you will be paying at a higher rate until you get a similar discount plan. Good luck to you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Mentor

I do have internet with my plan.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Professor

Yes.

Call and politely threaten to cancel. They'll come back with several offers. If you don't like what they offer, try back.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support