dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2013 7:47 PM

Closed

Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

Smiley Mad Smiley Sad Just found out, for this season of Big Brother, BB After Dark will no longer be on SHO2.  instead it will be carried on the TV Guide Network.  And of course, U-Verse does not carry TVGN.  Now I vividly recall quite a few of the fanboys announcing in the past, that we don't need TVGN, since we already have a "Guide."  Unfortunately more and more programming is coming to TVGN, since CBS bought the channel.  I will do a channel request but for this season, it will do no good as the show starts in in 12 days. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad  That blows, I may have to buy the online access - but will see how the furlough "works" out, at work. Can you tell, I'm mad?

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

TVGuide and CBS are part of Viacom so i guess when the contracts come up again the channel can be added same way Uverse struck the deal with Disney/ESPN to that add Disney Junior .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Big Brother After dark simply shows one camera feed of the 4 feeds being shown on the online stream (the 'live feeds').  You can get the live feeds for under 30 dollars for the entire season and then watch them via your computer, tablet, and smart phones. 

Sucks that TVGN is not on ATT uvers but by signing up you can still see the feeds - and there is a DVR like feature that allows you to go back to any point - so you can get up in the morning and re-watch what went on while you slept.

Hope that helps!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I cant believe that I cant watch bbad. This is one reason I switched from dish...they kept losing or threatened of using some of my fav shows. Now I have to do through this crap with att. :'( .

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@swtjewelly wrote:
I cant believe that I cant watch bbad. This is one reason I switched from dish...they kept losing or threatened of using some of my fav shows. Now I have to do through this crap with att. :'( .

Your blame shouldn't lie with AT&T it should be with Viacom. They own all three channels Big Brother airs on (CBS, SHowtime, and TVGN. This year they decided to show bbad on TVGN instead of Showtime like they have in previous years.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

If people would do their HOMEWORK, they would find out that TV Guide Network is ONLY on Dish and DirectTV.

....oh wait, they said that at the end of Big Brother.  Smiley Frustrated

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

If people would do their HOMEWORK, they would find out that TV Guide Network is ONLY on Dish and DirectTV.

Actually it's available on a lot of cable companies as well. Comcast in Houston has it.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

11 years ago

@americangame wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

Actually it's available on a lot of cable companies as well. Comcast in Houston has it.

I stand corrected.

I was just going by what Julie Chen (??) said last night:

"Watch Big Brother After Dark on the TV Guide Channel, available on Dish & Direct TV."

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@skeeterintexas wrote:

@americangame wrote:

@skeeterintexas wrote:

I stand corrected.

I was just going by what Julie Chen (??) said last night:

"Watch Big Brother After Dark on the TV Guide Channel, available on Dish & Direct TV."

skeeter: That by Julie was what I call advertising for the two DBS companies.  TVGN is available on all TV providers in Central Indiana, except for U-Verse.  I checked TVGN's web site and BBAD is not available on demand / online.  We will try the 48 hour free trial of the BB streams.  

Americangame - I do blame CBS/Viacom but I bet that TVGN will carry more unique programming with CBS's involvement, so AT&T should investigate carrying it.  BUT, I'm not holding my breath. Smiley Sad

Scholar

• 

164 Messages

11 years ago

There is lot customers requesting TVGN on Facebook and here it would not surprise to see this channel added at some point .

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@Ryan456 wrote:
There is lot customers requesting TVGN on Facebook and here it would not surprise to see this channel added at some point .

Right but probably not in time for this season of Big Brother.  Again, I do blame CBS/Viacom but the BBAD move was announced 3 months ago (apparently), so AT&T could have done something before now.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.