dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2013 7:47 PM

Closed

Big Brother After Dark - No longer on Showtime. It's on TVGN! :(

Smiley Mad Smiley Sad Just found out, for this season of Big Brother, BB After Dark will no longer be on SHO2.  instead it will be carried on the TV Guide Network.  And of course, U-Verse does not carry TVGN.  Now I vividly recall quite a few of the fanboys announcing in the past, that we don't need TVGN, since we already have a "Guide."  Unfortunately more and more programming is coming to TVGN, since CBS bought the channel.  I will do a channel request but for this season, it will do no good as the show starts in in 12 days. Smiley Mad Smiley Sad  That blows, I may have to buy the online access - but will see how the furlough "works" out, at work. Can you tell, I'm mad?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

835 Messages

8 years ago

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the U-verse Channel Request Site is no longer available. You can always review the channels available for your area on the U-verse TV Listings & Chanel Guide and/or learn more about how to access your U-verse TV channel lineup at our Support Site.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

I only occasionally watch BB After Dark as I'm typically sound asleep when it's on.  Not sure what CBS is doing moving it yo TVGN but IMO it's a dumb move.  Unless they are trying to make people pay for the streaming feed. 

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

I only occasionally watch BB After Dark as I'm typically sound asleep when it's on.  Not sure what CBS is doing moving it yo TVGN but IMO it's a dumb move.  Unless they are trying to make people pay for the streaming feed. 

CBS now owns TVGN, so they must be trying to increase the channel's content.  They also have streaming content, so BBAD may be available online, there too.  I also now wonder if Showtime paid CBS for BBAD or vice versa?

My wife (who is disabled and a night owl) watched BBAD a lot plus we recorded it nightly, in case there was good stuff (i.e. the whole "and that's what she said" schtick from the producers, 2 yaers ago)..  I will miss BBAD and that is omne reason that I went with U300, back in 2008.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

11 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

CBS now owns TVGN, so they must be trying to increase the channel's content.  They also have streaming content, so BBAD may be available online, there too.  I also now wonder if Showtime paid CBS for BBAD or vice versa?

My wife (who is disabled and a night owl) watched BBAD a lot plus we recorded it nightly, in case there was good stuff (i.e. the whole "and that's what she said" schtick from the producers, 2 yaers ago)..  I will miss BBAD and that is omne reason that I went with U300, back in 2008.

CBS owns Showtime as well. 

Personally, I don't think I want to watch BBAD if it's on "basic cable" because it will likely be censored. I don't need to hear "bleeps" or silence anytime the houseguests curse, which if history is correct, will be frequently.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

What do we have to do to get TVGN on Uverse.  I NEED MY Big Brother After Dark, and I don't want to be in the 15% of the US that doesn't get to watch it.  HELP

Tutor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I've been holding off until after summer to downgrade my Uverse package. I enjoy recording BBAD. Guess there is nothing holding me back now.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

@HutchinsPhoto wrote:

What do we have to do to get TVGN on Uverse.  I NEED MY Big Brother After Dark, and I don't want to be in the 15% of the US that doesn't get to watch it.  HELP

Pray?  You could use the Channel Request website - see this thread.  But good luck, folks have most likely requested RFD and Hallmark but AT&T hasn't given us any love.

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Please click and fill out, and post to any BB sites you can!

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

Mentor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

please report the need for the channel TVGN on the "Other" line!  🙂

http://uversechannels.att.com/channel-survey

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

"I may have to buy the online access" - what does that mean?  Do you mean you can purchase After Dark online from CBS?  If so, will my wife and I be able to watch it on our separate computers and/or tablets?

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.