lindaw76107's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, September 24th, 2016 4:17 PM

Best way to hook up Roku 2

I have roku 2 connected to my Sanyo tv via hdmi cable for port 2.  I don't see an input choice on my tv through the uverse receiver for hdmi2, only hdmi 1 that my receiver is hooked up to that provides my uverse tv service.  What do i need to do?  If I disconnect the hdmi cable from the receiver will the tv recognize that and operate the roku?  I'm not real up on the technology of this at all.  LOL

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you so much!  This is resolved.  

I could not locate the old tv remote but was able to use the tv controls to do it.  With the help of the guide page you showed, I was able to check the hdmi 2 box and it added that port back in.  To clarify, I have the Roku hooked up by hdmi cable to port 2 on my tv.  The uverse receiver box is hooked up by hdmi cable to port 1 on the tv.  When I turn on tv by uverse remote, I push the tv button and tv/video button to change to hdmi 2 and it recognizes the roku immediately.  I switch to the roku remote to find the channel/station I want.  At the conclusion of my viewing on roku tv, I switch back to the hdmi 1 channel with the uverse remote.  Success!!!  Thanks so much for your help!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lindaw76107 - Post your TV model & I will look up the manual.

If your TV has multiple inputs, it should have a menu to select the input to view. The three methods are -

Use arrows to navigate the menu

click an input button to cycle through the inputs

A button for each input

You should select the input using the TV remote. It is possible that the U-verse remote can do it, but the odds are against you.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@lindaw76107   Has nothing to do w/Uverse STB/DVR, goes directly into your TV input, must use the TV remote to choose the Roku input (TV/Video button). 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you so much aviewer.  It is:

Sanyo HDTV LCD 

Model # DP32640

Now to try and find the original TV remote.  I have used the Uverse remote since getting the TV.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you mibrnsurg.  I thought so.  I'll try to find the TV remote.  I've used the Uverse remote since purchasing the TV.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lindaw76107 - The manual says to use the INPUT button to change inputs.

The TV/input button may work on the old u-verse remote(in TV mode)  & also on the new remote if you do not hve to push the OK button to select.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

The only way I get it to work is to unplug hdmi cable 1 on back of tv and insert hdmi cable from roku. I got it all set up that way. But to use uverse, at least for now I have to remove hdmi Cale from tv and hook hdmi cable back up from receiver box. For some reason, the tv input doesn't give me the choice for hdmi 2. Go figure!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lindaw76107 - The TV has a feature to turn off unused inputs. You will have to turn the second HDMI back on.

http://www.manualguru.com/sanyo/dp32640/owners-manual/page-10

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

And how do I turn it back on?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@lindaw76107- I have no idea. If it is not clear from the link I posted, you will have to ask Sanyo.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.