Dvdjns1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2011 4:02 PM

Best Way to Connect New Sony Blu-Ray

I am a novice here (so don't laugh.)  I just got a new Sony Blu-Ray and need to know the best way to connect it to the TV/Uverse box in the bedroom (what to plug where.)  There are no other components connected there.  The Blu-Ray has WiiFii capability and the router is in another part of the house.

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

Dvdjns1,

If you need an extra HDMI cable and can wait a few days for delivery, you can get them very inexpensively at Monoprice.com. Take a look at the following link:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3992&seq=1&format=2

This is a 6 foot category 2 high-speed certified HDMI cable for $3.50.

I have no affiliation with Monoprice, I just hate to see people get ripped off by spending $100 on the same cable with a certain monstrous name on it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Hey I read your post and here I am with the same situation 3 years later. 

I dont even know what type of HDMI cable to get 

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

11 years ago

@MsPeppermintp wrote:

Hey I read your post and here I am with the same situation 3 years later. 

I dont even know what type of HDMI cable to get 

Any of these http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10240

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

11 years ago

I can vouch for cables from Monoprice, they work great. I would recommend their ultra slim series with Redmere Technology.  A bit more expensive than the basic cable, the picture is awesome - but, better than that those cables are the thinnest cables I have ever seen.  You can route them anywhere - even if you already have a spiderweb of a setup with a million other cables going on.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

maybe i should start a new post, but i have a similar problem.

i'm trying to connect my sony blu ray bdp s3100 to at&t uverse cable box via HDMI.  so i make the connection, but i can't get a picture.

i have a samsung tv, and i'd prefer to just go straight to the tv. but this is an older model and doesn't have hdmi.

i don't consider myself a novice, but maybe i am.  what am i missing??  thanks for any help!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

thank you!

i've been searching online for days for an answer, but this is the first forum that gave me an answer that makes sense.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

russ1623 - Glad I could help. Post if you have more questions.

It probably is time for a new TV. Here, is a converter to convert HDMI to component - http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-HDMI-Component-Converter-Converts/dp/B00E5QWZ8A/ref=pd_sim_e_1

Your TV does have component input?? If not it is really time for a new one.

Note that it has no reviews & just adds complications to to your equipment. but, it should/might work for your case - the picture will NOT be 1080p = something less.
If you consider a converter make sure it works with HDMI input and component output. Not the reverse.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

After recording in Xfire the quality drops while editing in sony vegas, at first the quality is quite good, but then i go to sony vegas and hit preview the quality drops alot. Is it because its just preview and its different after it is done?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

I have a video creating program called Pinnacle Studio, version 12. I can connect my camcorder to it and take video from that and put it on my computer, and edit it in any way i want. But it doesn't save in a format that YouTube will let me upload it in. How can I change the format of a video to a YouTube acceptable format?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.