KennyBania's profile

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

Friday, February 20th, 2015 3:38 PM

Audio & Picture issues with NBC HD Broadcasts

Anyone else see a lot of issues with NBC's HD channel?  They always seem to have common audio dropouts at times and pixelation issues on most of their programs, especially on "The Voice".  I am in the Austin area, so the local NBC affiliate is KXAN.  This really seems like an NBC issue and not Uverse/equipment since I only see these problems on NBC in HD on both my main 8010 DVR and wireless STB.

Just curious if people in other Uverse markets see/hear the same issues when watching NBC in HD? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@KennyBania wrote:
I just got a new wireless gateway and a GPONG installed. How do I reboot the entire system?

To do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots. Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if it fixes NBC PQ.

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

9 years ago

No NBC audio issues in the DFW area, either local or national broadcasts.

Reboot your system, including your RG, if you haven't done so in awhile.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

9 years ago

I just got a new wireless gateway and a GPONG installed. How do I reboot the entire system?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@KennyBania wrote:

Anyone else see a lot of issues with NBC's HD channel?  They always seem to have common audio dropouts at times and pixelation issues on most of their programs, especially on "The Voice".  I am in the Austin area, so the local NBC affiliate is KXAN.  This really seems like an NBC issue and not Uverse/equipment since I only see these problems on NBC in HD on both my main 8010 DVR and wireless STB.

Just curious if people in other Uverse markets see/hear the same issues when watching NBC in HD? 

Have you contacted the station?  Might be something to do as they don't want an inferior signal to Uverse users. They might not be aware of the problems.

As you stated, don't think it is Uverse equipment either or other stations would be doing similar things and are not.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am on xfinity and am having the exact same problem!

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes have the same issues with the NBC HD channels I am on Xfinity in the Atlanta area.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

4 years ago

5 year old post but I will say that I've never had any problems with NBC HD. 

Just DVR'd the 30 Rock One Time Special and there was zero audio problems.  The content on the other hand was one looooonnggg commercial for NBC/Universal and The Peac0ck Network.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.