Bryantay1's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 16th, 2016 8:03 PM

Audio Sync issues with AT&T U-verse

I recently purchased a new Samsung (KS8000) UHD TV. I'm conecting to the TV via HDMI from the ATT wireless box and the audio is WAY out of sync.

If i switch the audio settings from suround sound to Stereo on the ATT box the audio seems to sync fine. It's just when it's set to suround sound when the issue accurs.

It definely seems to have something to do with u-verse bacause if i use Apple TV or Netflix using the same HDMI connections the audio is fine.

I've swiched out the box with another box from another TV but the issue is still there.

Please any suggestions?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Bryantay1,

We apologize about the issues, but we will be glad to help. Are you using any other equipment in the mix, such as a sound bar, audio receiver, or any other device? Also, if possible, try testing with another U-verse receiver in your house to see if it is just an issue with that one receiver. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks of rhte reply....The syncing issue happens weather i use the sound bar or not. I removed all other equipment and the issue happens with just the reciever and the TV conected.

I've also swiched out the reciever with another one from another room with no improvement.

Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

Thank you for testing that. Do you notice the same issue when you do a direct connection with component cables to the TV?

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Unfortunately this TV only has HDMI conections...  

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

One other thing to check is the HDMI cable version. Just to ensure optimal connection, make sure you are using an HDMI 2.0 cable.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

yep it's 2.0...  I bought a (overly) expensive HDMI cable just for this TV.  

At this point do i need to have a service tech come out and check the feed to my house?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Bryantay1,

May need a new box. Send us a  message by clicking here. Provide your:

• Name
  • 9 digit U-verse account number
  • Thread to this link

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

Well, I think it's time to make the switch back to cable. Been needing a good reason to go through the hassle and this as good of one as any.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I've been having the same problem with my Samsung TV where the audio and video is out of sync only when it's connected to AT&T U-verse. It has nothing to do with any third-party anything it has everything to do with nothing but AT&T U-verse system and I sure would like an answer because I'm told by the technician that just left by my house I'm the only one in the whole United States having this issue and nobody else in the whole United States of all the Uverse customers with all the Samsung TVs are not having this problem. He seemed pretty sure of himself but obviously he's an ignoramus and I've been dealing with this problem for over 6 months and nobody will fix it

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have all the same issues and yes I have tried multiple HDMI cables different HDMI ports on my TV and component cables and the same problem occurs on all issues only when connected to the ATT U-verse and never any other problems ever connected to Roku connected to DVD player video player everything's always fine until I connect to the ATT U-verse system
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.