ame8199's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, January 29th, 2011 11:26 PM

Aspect Ratio and new Vizio TV

So I bought a brand new 37 inch 1080p Vizio tv.  I read tips to change the aspect ration to 1080i within the Uverse menu.  I did that and the screen is wonderful! The only problem I see is when I go to the guide, it seems too big to fit in the screen.  I can't see all of my guide.  Is there another setting that Im missing?  If I go to any other settings such as widescreen, it looks ok, but I get the black bars.  

I hope this makes sense.  I guess If I have to, I'll take pictures of the guide.  Thanks

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Either an HDMI cable or component cables will work.  You don't need to buy any expensive cables.  The cheap cables work just as well.  I use an HDMI cable, and I think it cost about $5. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

How is your Vizio TV connected to the U-verse DVR/STB?: HDMI cable, component cables (red, green, blue), composite cables (red, white, yellow) or coaxial cable

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

cable

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Which one?  HDMI cable or coaxial cable?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

opps sorry, Coaxial cable.  

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

The coaxial cable is causing the problem.  To receive an HD picture, you need to use either an HDMI cable or component cables.  The use of either a coaxial cable or composite cables would result in the problem that you described.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

If I dont have HD programing, is it worth buying the component or HDMI cable?  Do I have a choice between one or the other? Could I use either a component or HDMI?  I only have 1 component and wanted to use that for my Wii, since I have my composite filled by my DVD player. 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

Thanks so much!! 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome.  You can buy cheap cables at monoprice.com or amazon.com.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

13 years ago

Ok Im back with the same problem....

I went out and bought HDMI cable and a component cable for my wii.  Uverse box is hooked up successfully to the HDMI, WII to component and DVD player to Composite

Changed all my settings on my tv and uverse and so on...1080i still shows full screen which is awesome, but I go to the guilde and I cant see most of it.  

Is there another setting Im missing? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.