texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Thursday, April 19th, 2012 5:50 PM

April Carriage Agreements Notice

Below is the latest notice of carriage agreements expiring found in the link below.  Once again, I'm posting this strictly as informative.  It is not intended to stimulate discussion or speculation.

April 17, 2012

April 2012:

While we previously announced a possible change, AT&T and the programmer for the following channels agreed to a temporary extension that is now set to expire in April 2012 and, if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in April 2012: Estrella (channel 3024), HD Net (channel 1105 in HD), HRTV (channel 672), New England Sports Network (NESN) (channel 712/713 and 1712/1713 in HD), and Wealth TV (channel 470 and 1470 in HD). In addition, in the San Diego, CA market area, an impacted local channel is KUSI (channel 9 and 1009 in HD).

May 2012:

While we previously announced a possible change, AT&T and the programmer for the following channels agreed to a temporary extension that is now set to expire in May 2012 and, if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in May 2012: ION, ROOT Sports Northwest (channel 1764), ROOT Sports Pittsburgh (channel 1730), ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain (Channel 1760), and Zee TV (channel 3702).

AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time. 

June 2012:

The impacted national channels (in alphabetical order) are AMC (channel 795 and 1795 in HD), AMC – West (channel 796), CBS Sports Network (channel 643 and 1643 in HD), Cinelatino (channel 3126), Daystar (channel 563), HITN (channel 3055), IFC (channel 797), Multimedios (channel 3065), WE (channel 372), and WE - West (channel 373).

In addition the impacted local channels are: 

(1) For California, in the Los Angeles area, KCAL (channel 9 and 1009 in HD) and KCBS (channel 2 and 1002 in HD); in the Sacramento area, KMAX (channel 31 and 1031 in HD) and KOVR (channel 13 and 1013 in HD); and in the San Francisco area, KBCW (channel 44 and 1044 in HD) and KPIX (channel 5 and 1005 in HD);

(2) For Connecticut, in the Hartford area, WCBS (channel 12 and 1012 in HD);

(3) For Florida, in the Miami area, WBFS (channel 33 and 1033 in HD) and WFOR (channel 4 and 1004 in HD); and in the West Palm Beach area, WFOR (channel 3 and 1003 in HD);

(4) For Georgia, in the Atlanta area, WUPA (channel 69 and 1069 in HD);

(5) For Illinois, in the Chicago area, WBBM (channel 2 and 1002 in HD);

(6) For Michigan, in the Detroit area, JTV (channel 5380), WKBD (channel 50 and 1050 in HD) and WWJ (channel 62 and 1062 in HD);

(7) For New York, in the New York City area, WCBS (channel 2 and 1002 in HD);

(8) For Texas, in the Dallas area, KTVT (channel 11 and 1011 in HD) and KTXA (channel 21 and 1021 in HD). 

Also in June WGN American (channel 180 and 1180 in HD) will be removed from our channel line- mup in the Bakersfield and Monterey, CA; Reno, NV; Charleston, SC and El Paso, TX market areas.  In addition, HDnet Alternate (channel 1107) will be removed from our channel line-up in the Lubbock and Dallas, TX market areas.

http://www.att.com/Common/iptv/files/programming/index.html

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I was betting that U-verse was going to drop AMC just like they dropped Hallmark and NHL and that U-verse was going to say "we dropped AMC 'cause we're fighting for you!"  I'm glad I was proved wrong.  Too bad for Dish subscribers though.  Looks like Dish subscribers will never see AMC again.

You should check out the angry comments on Dish's Facebook page.

There is a HUGE difference between AMC and Hallmark. People actually watch AMC programming.  Hallmark's viewership ranks as one of the lowest.  Smiley Very Happy

Scholar

• 

108 Messages

12 years ago

Glad to see this resolved. I left Dish for all the shenanigans on channel disputes and lawsuits. Looking forward to a new season of  The Walking Dead.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I used to be able to go to att.com/uverseonline to get answers to questions and to find out what was new or what channels we could lose such as AMC.  But it is not there any more.  Where do I go?

{post merged}

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

July 01, 2012  |Reuters
Dish competitor AT&T said it reached an agreement on Sunday with AMC to continue delivering AMC channels to subscribers of U-verse TV. The contract between AT&T and AMC expired on June 30, but AMC channels were never dropped from U-verse.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Sorry....I meant AMC. I was hyper when I got the notice. I know about the terms and conditions. I paid for a bundle of services which included AMC. The guide I was given shows me that. Breaking the contract with your cable company comes with a cancellation fee. In most cases, you will not be able to avoid paying AT&T the early termination fee (ETF) of $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service. 

July 01, 2012  Reuters

Dish competitor AT&T said it reached an agreement on Sunday with AMC to continue delivering AMC channels to subscribers of U-verse TV. The contract between AT&T and AMC expired on June 30, but AMC channels were never dropped from U-verse

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Scholar

• 

223 Messages

11 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

I was betting that U-verse was going to drop AMC just like they dropped Hallmark and NHL and that U-verse was going to say "we dropped AMC 'cause we're fighting for you!"  I'm glad I was proved wrong.  Too bad for Dish subscribers though.  Looks like Dish subscribers will never see AMC again.

As of today, Dish has settled both with AMC and its parent owner Cablevision.  Starting today, Dish will resume carrying AMC, as well as IFC, Sundance and We TV.  Dish will also be adding the music channel Fuse to their lineup on Nov. 1.

Scholar

• 

177 Messages

11 years ago

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

@CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

As of today, Dish has settled both with AMC and its parent owner Cablevision.  Starting today, Dish will resume carrying AMC, as well as IFC, Sundance and We TV.  Dish will also be adding the music channel Fuse to their lineup on Nov. 1.

To bad AT&T can't get back to the table with Hallmark and NHL.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've been trying to call you since this hot direct TV screen, please don't blackout wgn,my husband is a dying man and he watches it everyday, we are poor but pay the prices that keep Going up, can't you give a dying man a wish. I can prove to you he is dying I'm his caretaker and wife, I'm asking you to please don't black it out you make soooooooooo much money, I was thinking of getting Internet through you ,but if this goes or anything else I will go elsewhere. I don't want to, but will, I think you are the best Internet and I am going for computer technology and animation could make you a lot of money, but only if you keep the stations on I'll be completely grateful and keep you on my college app. I promise you,the things I'm turning into movies and games you'll want a hand in. Ps. Contact info for account, my dying husband of diabetes and heart disease and etc,is *** my number is ***, I will give you a reason to keep the stations also have a lifetime story that is true

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

8 years ago

@nikkiTS wrote:

I've been trying to call you since this hot direct TV screen, please don't blackout wgn,my husband is a dying man and he watches it everyday, we are poor but pay the prices that keep Going up, can't you give a dying man a wish. I can prove to you he is dying I'm his caretaker and wife, I'm asking you to please don't black it out you make soooooooooo much money, I was thinking of getting Internet through you ,but if this goes or anything else I will go elsewhere. I don't want to, but will, I think you are the best Internet and I am going for computer technology and animation could make you a lot of money, but only if you keep the stations on I'll be completely grateful and keep you on my college app. I promise you,the things I'm turning into movies and games you'll want a hand in. Ps. Contact info for account, my dying husband of diabetes and heart disease and etc,is *** my number is ***, I will give you a reason to keep the stations also have a lifetime story that is true

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

And you bumped a 3+ year-old thread about something entirely different in regards to a different TV provider to say so?

I'm confused.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

8 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@nikkiTS wrote:

And you bumped a 3+ year-old thread about something entirely different in regards to a different TV provider to say so?

I'm confused.

That makes two of us....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.