For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jeanmr26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 24th, 2014 12:51 PM

An emergency notification with no emergency?

I'm getting a message that says the President has requested that we watch our local station.  It's force tuned to NBC and we can't change it.  I don't see any emergencies, just the Today show.  How do I shut this off?  thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Update:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s investigation indicates that a nationally syndicated radio show not affiliated with AT&T accidently sent a message over the National Emergency Alert System. This false message was carried on our network, as well as some other providers. We apologize to our customers.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm sitting on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone.  Was it a gimmick to get us all to watch whoever was talking at that moment?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This is also happening to me, it won't allow me to use my dvr or look at my usual guide. When I turn the receiver off and on it seems to reset the emergency message.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Same issue and also on hold

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Same here .... frustrating. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I'm on hold too!  If you turn off your box and turn back on you can get back to where you were beofre the channel switch.  Lasts for a few minutes if you are tired of watch the Today show fluff.

Update: On hold for over 30 minutes with tech support.  I am well informed on how to address remote issues though!

Update: On the phone with a rep now and she told me that she was told to direct the problem report to network engineers but her computer is not working.  She suggested I reboot the system if I had not already done so.  Seriously?!  Oh she needs me to give her my account number!  Seriously?!  She does not have a computer.  Why is she on the phone?  Then I tried to give her my phone number and she said she did not have a pen and paper. Seriously?  I'm back on holdso she could reboot her pen or something.  

Update:  The rep told me that it could take 5 to 24 hours to be resolved.  Seriously?! As of 9:40 AM EST it is not yet a ticket.  I am in Geogia.  Are you experiencing the issue outside of Georgia? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Will we be dealing with this until Nov 5th?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Same problem here, actually caused some panic in the house this morning.  Glad that there isn't an actual emergency, frustrated that ATT put us through this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Completely annoying. I turned off TV, but in about 30 seconds back to Today Show. I wouldn't mind if there was an emergency... Appears none! Unless I'm missing something and should be waiting attentively by the screen!??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Can't even get sound other than a dulled emergency alarm that goes off about every 5 minutes.

Okay - 10:12a ET and my system is back up and running!!  Whoot, Whoot!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.