For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jeanmr26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 24th, 2014 12:51 PM

An emergency notification with no emergency?

I'm getting a message that says the President has requested that we watch our local station.  It's force tuned to NBC and we can't change it.  I don't see any emergencies, just the Today show.  How do I shut this off?  thanks.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Speaking to a rep now. She told me to try all the steps I had already taken: turn off box, reboot, etc. nothing works as others have said. Basically, they have no idea what's going on. Comforting.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I did turn it off and within 60 seconds, it's back on the forced channel change. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am very irritated by this as well. Any news on what is going on here?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Me too. Are we going to war and he wants to make sure communication is all open to all?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Spoke to a rep, its a fluke and they're "trying to fix it now"

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Got off phone, they said they are aware of the "outage" as they called it and working on a resolution.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T --- your Emergency Action Notification is broken! "This is an Emergency Action Notification. Your channel has been force tuned to receive the Emergency Alert Message." This has been happening for over 30 minutes already this morning. There does not appear to be any emergency. Worse, there is ZERO news about this on ATT.com / ATT.net / Uverse.com. Either you do not know about this or you haven't thought to post a message on your many websites telling us that this is not an emergency. And while we're at it - in Atlanta when you do your 'monthly test' you do it 3x in a row that day. This happens every single time and has been happening for years. Get your act together - this is an important tool and I have no faith that you know what you're doing.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I read recently the government was testing the roll out of being able to interrupt cable stations across the US in case of emergency... this must be a govt. controlled issue not ATT. I tried calling, resetting, etc. and no luck. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable! An "

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This sux. I work all night and when i get home I want to fall asleep to my t.v and the sound of my fan blowing. This blaring alert, and the annoying voices of the news people on the today's show is really cutting into my "good sleep". Did anyone get through? Is the emergency supposed to be the man who has Ebola? If I dont get some rest Im going to feel like i have Ebola when my kids get home. A man in New York has Ebola and he has been to Africa recently, big whoop, that is hardly an emergency in my area.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.