For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jeanmr26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 24th, 2014 12:51 PM

An emergency notification with no emergency?

I'm getting a message that says the President has requested that we watch our local station.  It's force tuned to NBC and we can't change it.  I don't see any emergencies, just the Today show.  How do I shut this off?  thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Update:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s investigation indicates that a nationally syndicated radio show not affiliated with AT&T accidently sent a message over the National Emergency Alert System. This false message was carried on our network, as well as some other providers. We apologize to our customers.

-David T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm sitting on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone.  Was it a gimmick to get us all to watch whoever was talking at that moment?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This is also happening to me, it won't allow me to use my dvr or look at my usual guide. When I turn the receiver off and on it seems to reset the emergency message.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Same issue and also on hold

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Same here .... frustrating. 

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I'm on hold too!  If you turn off your box and turn back on you can get back to where you were beofre the channel switch.  Lasts for a few minutes if you are tired of watch the Today show fluff.

Update: On hold for over 30 minutes with tech support.  I am well informed on how to address remote issues though!

Update: On the phone with a rep now and she told me that she was told to direct the problem report to network engineers but her computer is not working.  She suggested I reboot the system if I had not already done so.  Seriously?!  Oh she needs me to give her my account number!  Seriously?!  She does not have a computer.  Why is she on the phone?  Then I tried to give her my phone number and she said she did not have a pen and paper. Seriously?  I'm back on holdso she could reboot her pen or something.  

Update:  The rep told me that it could take 5 to 24 hours to be resolved.  Seriously?! As of 9:40 AM EST it is not yet a ticket.  I am in Geogia.  Are you experiencing the issue outside of Georgia? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Will we be dealing with this until Nov 5th?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Same problem here, actually caused some panic in the house this morning.  Glad that there isn't an actual emergency, frustrated that ATT put us through this.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Completely annoying. I turned off TV, but in about 30 seconds back to Today Show. I wouldn't mind if there was an emergency... Appears none! Unless I'm missing something and should be waiting attentively by the screen!??

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Can't even get sound other than a dulled emergency alarm that goes off about every 5 minutes.

Okay - 10:12a ET and my system is back up and running!!  Whoot, Whoot!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.