Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Amber alerts stop my program, can I disable?

Contributor

Amber alerts stop my program, can I disable?

Just today I started receiving Amber alerts, & it freezes my program until I push the “exit to TV” button- it’s happening every hour! Is this malware? Can it be stopped, turned off? This is beyond annoying! (It doesn’t even list, the information, makes you go somewhere else which I am NOT doing)

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Amber alerts stop my program, can I disable?

Was there an Amber Alert in your area?  If so, it sounds like the alert was doing what it was supposed to do.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Yeah, me too. Have not found a way to disable. Have had Uverse for over a year with only the EBS tests occasionally going on. Then suddenly these alerts which have been going on for hours. It is very early in the morning and still going on. I took note of the first one, now just an annoyance like an oversensitive car alarm that everyone ignores.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by beckyww
‎09-13-2018 1:35 PM

The emergency alert system is a FCC requirement.  It cannot be suppressed and it's annoying because it's intended to be annoying to catch your attention.  Uverse cannot suppress it because they just deliver to you what is fed to them.  That's why it appears on recordings as well.  Just hit the exit as soon as it comes on if you are viewing live recordings.  If it's recorded, well, hit the mute button or fast forward past it.. 

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click kudo if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements
Additional Support