jmac411's profile

Mentor

• 

65 Messages

Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 5:47 AM

Al Jazeera America

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

10 years ago

@jmac411 wrote:

Per Bloomberg.com, ATT Uverse and Al Jazeera has settles the carriage lawsuit over ATT refusal to carry Al Jazeera America. The accord will allow Al Jazeera America onto ATT's Uverse pay-tv service.

"...grabs popcorn and waits for the fun to ensue...."

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

10 years ago

This is good news.  The more channels, the more viewing choices.  The more choices, the better.  Anyone who disagrees needs to have his head examined.  Because after all, if a channel is not for you, then you can simply watch something else.  A channel is not hurting anyone simply by being available.  If you like it, watch it.  If you don't, then don't.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@dwinth wrote:

Who will be the first to ask the forum if anyone knows what day Al Jazeera America will start on U-Verse as if anyone on this forum knows the answer?  Smiley Happy

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall wrote:

@dwinth wrote:

Okay, I'll bite:"Who knows when AJA will begin broadcasting on U-Verse?"  Smiley Tongue

Seriously, there are email addresses for the reporters in the Bloomberg article that @Kong57 linked.  Maybe we should ask them , lol.

Maybe getting Al Jazeera America in high definition will open up the floodgates for additional news programming in high definition. Perhaps we will see the inclusion of Bloomberg Television as well as all three C-Spans. The interesting thing about CNN International, according to the latest AVS National HD Channel Lineups, is that there are no major providers that have the channel in high defintion. I assume the channel exists in high definition since it is listed.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1462894/official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-4-24-14

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

Anyone remember Current TVs channel number?

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

I'm waiting for the jokers that will threaten to leave now that it's being included.

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

@OUFANINDALLAS......not only that ...how many people gonna get mad because AJA was added and still no HALLMARK.....lol

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone remember Current TVs channel number?

I want to say it was 189.  Someone said that a similar system had AJA on channel 220/1220, IIRC.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.