Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Tutor

Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Message 1 of 23 (6,390 Views)
Scholar

Re: Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

I wouldn't leave AT&T U-Verse over Al Jazeera. The reason I have AT&T U-Verse is for networks like MTV-U, MTV Jams, VH1 Soul, CMT Pure Country, and others that Time Warner refuses to carry, not to mention Time Warner's terrible equipment.

Time Warner announced they are adding Al Jazeera America, I believe in January. I guess I'll have to go visit my sister, who still has Time Warner to watch it. 

I've seen it, and I'm impressed. It's serious journalism, something you can't find on CNN, HLN (Court TV 2.0), Fox News and MSNBC, which are mostly garbage that isn't even remotely "news" Fox and MSNBC cater to political bashing (One for the right, one for the left), CNN is laughable, and HLN has turned into Court TV 2.0. 

If they can settle this out of court (They did add beIN Sport to the lineup, which just happens to be owned and operated by Al Jazeera.)

With that, there's no reason why they couldn't settle something and add the channel back, particularly in the 200s with the rest of the news channels. 

I guess we just have to be extremely patient. 

Message 16 of 23 (5,834 Views)
Tutor

If at&t wants the lawsuit dropped,  they should just add the channel.  Duh. 

I have a feeling the channe isn't carried because Al Jeezra isn't like

Fox News

Message 17 of 23 (4,065 Views)
ACE - Professor

[ Edited ]

chizshc wrote:

If at&t wants the lawsuit dropped,  they should just add the channel.  Duh. 

I have a feeling the channe isn't carried because Al Jeezra isn't like

Fox News

Neither are any of the other news channels ( CNN, CNN Headline News, CNN International, BBC World News, MSNBC, CNBC, NHK Newsline, Bloomberg News) on U-Verse like Fox News Channel. Your reasoning fails.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 23 (4,056 Views)
ACE - Scholar

I doubt if we ever see Al Jazeera America and I can live with that. I am sure some could leave and get it with another srevice. Good luck if you do.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 23 (4,047 Views)
Contributor

Please keep it off U verse.  I am tired of paying for cable channels I do not want or watch.

Please allow less stations in the package and lower the bill.

By adding it to the package, I am paying for it and I do not want to pay for it or the 50 other channels already on the package.

Message 20 of 23 (3,193 Views)
Scholar

I agree with the poster above. While you are at it it please keep the extremist Blaze channel off of U-Verse as well.
Message 21 of 23 (3,182 Views)

tjclifford wrote:

Please keep it off U verse.  I am tired of paying for cable channels I do not want or watch.

Please allow less stations in the package and lower the bill.

By adding it to the package, I am paying for it and I do not want to pay for it or the 50 other channels already on the package.

While you feel like you are paying for channels you don't want, bundled tv deals are the only way without completely cutting the cord that you'll be able to watch.  While I probably wouldn't watch it, I'd rather have every new channel show up.
” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 22 of 23 (3,125 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Still no news on AJA BUT, per Android Police, there is an AJA Android app:

Download the free Al Jazeera America News app now and get more depth and more perspectives on the most important U.S. and global news stories of the day. Swipe through top news picks and listen to the latest stories read aloud via our unique hands-free "commuter mode."

• Top articles covering national and international news topics like politics, education, culture, business, and more - straight from the Al Jazeera America newsroom
  • Beautiful photo-rich navigation
  • Breaking news alerts to keep you in the know
  • Audio Commuter feature powered by Umano lets you listen to the day's news read aloud by real people

I am not connected in any way with AJA nor the app's maker.

Message 23 of 23 (2,521 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.