Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Tutor

Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

Message 1 of 23 (6,391 Views)
Expert

Re: Al Jazeera America Absent from U-Verse TV

Please use the website found in the link below to make your channel requests:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

Message 2 of 23 (6,352 Views)
ACE - Professor

rbaru wrote:

Time Warner Cable and Al Jazeera America today announced they have reached an agreement to bring Al Jazeera America to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks customers' lineups. AT&T U-verse, where are you? 

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 23 (6,345 Views)

dwinth wrote:

rbaru wrote:

I believe AT&T and U-Verse are headquartered in Dallas, Texas. I hope I was able to answer your question.

Smiley Very Happy

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 23 (6,295 Views)

[ Edited ]

rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

Message 5 of 23 (6,237 Views)
ACE - Master

CostaMesaCAGuy wrote:

rbaru wrote:

Once BBC America went HD in 2009, it took four years for AT&T U-verse to add the HD channel even though they have always carried the standard def channel, so I figure it could take up to that long.

With today's polarizing political climate it may be years and years beyond that.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 23 (6,183 Views)
Scholar

It's not going to be on U-Verse until the situations that I will not mention (I don't believe I'm allowed to) are delt with. Maybe it won't be at all. 

Not a bad network. Too bad it wasn't on from the start. 

Message 7 of 23 (6,120 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Uverse is surviving without it.

Message 8 of 23 (6,089 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

hex731 wrote:

Uverse is surviving without it.

If you owned stock in a company, is that what you want to hear the CEO tout in their next quarterly earnings report?

"Hey, we're surviving.  That's good enough, right?"

Message 9 of 23 (6,075 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 23 (6,043 Views)
ACE - Master

Fox Mulder wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323608504579025562580632996

So why would at&t add it as they are being sued?

Why not?  Olive branch, anyone?  There must be a reason for them to take that course of action, say an existing agreement?   It's that kind of bully-ish attitude (AT&T's not Fox Mulder's) that most likely led to a non-agreement beytween AT&T and Crown on Hallmark.  Someone at AT&T probably got their feelings hurt and packed up their marbles and went away, crying.

Message 11 of 23 (6,016 Views)
Contributor

That's an excellent question.  I think it's a real shame that AJA isn't currently available on U-verse, it would have been a welcome source of reported news, as opposed to the dueling-opinion filler on the American cable "news" networks.  AT&T's decision not to carry it, whatever their reasons, actually has me considering satellite TV (I've been a very happy U-verse customer otherwise).

Message 12 of 23 (5,988 Views)
ACE - Scholar

That is why they are different services. Good luck if you leave Uverse.

Message 13 of 23 (5,921 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Penguin, Comcast carries AJA if you are interested and able to get it.  I too am thinking of leaving these **** as well.

[word filter avoidance]

Message 14 of 23 (5,895 Views)

Fox Mulder wrote:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323608504579025562580632996

So why would at&t add it as they are being sued?

While I don't like to see AT&T U-verse getting sued, I hope this action will eventually lead to AJ getting added.

Message 15 of 23 (5,862 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.