Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Adding premium channels to basic

Contributor

Adding premium channels to basic

I currently have U200, and I am paying through the nose for it.  I would like to switch to basic, but my husband and son really don't want to give up Fox Sports Detroit.  On the website, when I select basic, it lets me choose premium channels, but then it doesn't give me a price, or an option to actually make the switch.  Is it possible to add premium channels to U-basic?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
Employee
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ms_unicorn
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Adding premium channels to basic

The basic is local TV channels only, the ufamily is basic plus certain family friendly channels... Neither includes the 600/1600 sports channels. The Sports package and HD Premium Tier are not available to order on Ubasic or Ufamily, both require minimal u200 package.

So unless your family can survive off sports offered by local ABC, CBS, NBC then may need to reduce elsewhere. Example if have (5) receivers, turning 2 in saves $18 a month, 3 would save $27 plus taxes associated with deducted pricing. May also look at reducing internet speed, to go from Power 45 to Max Plus 18 save $20 a month.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Contributor

Thank you for answering.  I am turning in three recievers, but, my most recent bill was $211.00, so even with fewer recievers, I'm still paying way too much for U200.  I don't want to slow down my internet, so that's not an option.  Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5
Employee

Are you out of promotion?

If so call 1-800-288-2020 Monday to Friday 8 am to 7 pm or Saturday 8 am to 5 pm to talk with RETENTION group. This existing customer group offers new promotions with discounts off regular prices in exchange for another 12 month commitment.

Edit... List prices for IPTV, single TV.

UBasic, $19 a month, NO DVR (add $15 for DVR), HD +$10, each receiver +9, includes ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS and some shopping channels plus other locals.

Ufamily, $65 a month includes DVR, no sports, HD +10, each receiver +9

U200 $80 includes DVR, HD +$10, STBs +9 each, can add Sports Premier add $10

Conclusion u200 with HD and DVR is $90, add local broadcast fee $3.99= $93.99 not $200 a month. The rest is either extra receivers, added packages, internet, RG equipment fee, franchise fee and taxes. And the $93.99 is before bundle discount.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Yes, I am out of promotion.  I have considered trying to get a new promotion, but I'm really leaning toward streaming tv.  The Fox Sports Detroit issue is really the only thing holding me up right now.  If I could get basic and add channels, that would solve everything, but it's probably not in ATT's best interest to offer that, now that I think about it.  Smiley Happy  Thank you for your answer, I will talk to someone tomorrow at ATT tomorrow and see what they can do.

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support