baseballisback's profile
ACE - Professor

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

Friday, May 16th, 2014 2:42 AM

Closed

AWE TV now on 147

Subject says it all. The channel has been in HD on 1147 for quite some time already.
Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Scholar

• 

129 Messages

10 years ago

Appears that it's being kept on 470/1470 for awhile as well.

Haven't looked through what their programming changed to since their rebranding, and it looks more like what the OLD Travel Channel (before Discovery got their grubby paws all over it) used to show.  And even though Scripps now runs Travel, it still is a far cry from what it started as.

Maybe this was a little clause in their contract and now OANN can be activated.  Just wondering.  I'll have to take a closer look at what they're putting out, it looks pretty decent.  They even have International Boxing on Saturday from 3pm EDT.

Those wishing to preview what OANN offers, they have a 30 minute program at 12noon EDT Mon-Fri.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the info on OANN.

Professor

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

AWE is the former Wealth TV. It's been on 147/1147 for some time. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@americangame wrote:

AWE is the former Wealth TV. It's been on 147/1147 for some time. 

Really? I just saw it unblocked on those locations on my two TVs. I know it's been on 1470 for a while.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Bump.... AWE TV moves tonight!

http://www.uversechannels.com/national-legal-description

Effective June 20, AWE (channel 470 and 1470 in HD) will move to channel 147 and 1147 in HD.

I remember two things when AMC moved:

1) I reset my STB shortly after midnight and I saw AMC on the new channel with a placeholder on the old channel.

2) A lot of people came by here wondering what happened to AMC...of course, this happened after the placeholder disappeared.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

As of earlier today, I did see a message on the old channel location.

AT&T may have gotten "how to move a channel to a new location" right.

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

10 years ago

OANN has been available in Central Florida on channels 208/1208 for about a month.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@JohninFL wrote:

OANN has been available in Central Florida on channels 208/1208 for about a month.

Huh? I'm talking about an entirely different channel.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

10 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@JohninFL wrote:

Huh? I'm talking about an entirely different channel.

I was just as confused as you by that post. Not sure what it had to do with AWE.

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

AWE TV and OANN are both owned bye the Herring Networks.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.