01-09-2016 4:15 PM
I am trying to figure out how to set my remote(Model s30-s1a) to control my DVD player and TV. The tech left the volume control TV on it set but I can't figure out how to set up my DVD and I can't figure out how to reach TV menu using this remote. The setup guide that he left doesn't help answer these questions. Please help
Solved by: Go to Solution.
01-09-2016 4:21 PM
Just to clarify, my ATT&T remote doesn't have visible TV, DVD and AUX buttons. It does have a yellow triangle(A), green square(B) and red circle(C) at the bottom but guide doesn't mention what these are for.
01-09-2016 4:42 PM
@rogerm428 - You have a newer remote that does not suppoort DVDs. You can look for an older model, with the buttons, on e-bay or at a thrift store. But, having the button does not guarrantee support. Probably one reason att gave it up.
Consdier this remote - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR
or a Logitech Harmony model 650.
01-09-2016 6:10 PM
Thanks for your help! That kinda sucks but I understand. Four questions.
1. and 2. Do you know how I can get to my TV menu using this new remote? Is it possible?
3. Luckily I kept my older ATT&T remote. Would you happen to know how to get it to sync with my current cable box?
4. Can I use my Samsung universal remote to control my cable box? It's rather new.
Thanks for your links. I'll likely go with one of those remotes if these options don't work
01-09-2016 6:51 PM
@rogerm428 - Good questions-
1&2) I have to say no. The only TV specific access is the TV/video button. First it has to work for your TV (unlikely) second it has to bring up the input menu & then navigate through it by multiple presses & third the TV has to change to the last selection when you stop pressing, & it is intended for the input menu, not the main menu.
3) Having an old remote is another source - By default it will always support the u-verse STB. You need to program it for the TV & DVD(if you are lucky). It should give you control of TV sound & include the TV in the power list automatically when you have the right code for the TV.
4) the samsung remote may (or may not) be able to support the U-verse STB. You need to get the code from samsung. You can look in the Samsung manual or contact them. Try any of the u-vers boxes or just u-verse. There is only one IR for all of them.
Find u-verse remote instructions here - http://www.att.com/esupport/u-verse/remotes/
01-09-2016 7:39 PM
Thanks for your help. You saved me a lot of research time.
Just to update you...I was able to use my older remote to control my new ATT&T box with no configuration for the STB, like you said. I was able to program my TV and DVD, as well. I didn't even attempt to figure out the Samsung STB codes.
I will now set my new ATT&T remote alongside my Samsung TV and DVD remotes and let them collect dust. I'll grab me a nice universal remote control someday.
01-09-2016 7:47 PM
@rogerm428 - Good to hear of your success. Thanks for closing the loop.
I believe the only loose end wwould be adding the DVD to the power list. If you want it turned on with the power button - att/ok-977-att-tv-dvd-enter
Of course, you may not use it all the time & be happy with pressing DVD then power.
How about the TV input? At least you have more possibilities after pressing the TV button try tv/video & menu & navigation should work.
If it does not work, you can try other codes fro your TV. Different codes may have more robust support.
Visit these related resourcesView U-verse Troubleshooting!