texasguy37's profile

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

Friday, May 11th, 2012 9:19 PM

AT&T U-verse to Launch Univision's Three New Cable Channels

From the article found in the link below:

Univision Communications and AT&T U-verse have reached a multiyear, multiplatform deal that includes carriage of the U.S. Spanish-language media company's three new cable networks, as well as authenticated access across an array of vehicles. 

Under the agreement, financial terms of which were not disclosed, AT&T U-verse will launch the novela channel tlnovelas, sports service Univision Deportes and news network FOROtv. The telco thus will become the second U.S. distributor to offer the new cable channels: Dish Network has rolled out the trio, as well as a second sport channel, Deportes Dos that it has exclusive rights to during 2012, over the past couple of months, as part of its own far-reaching pact that was struck in January.

In addition, the pact also includes a distribution renewal for flagship Univision network, broadcast brethren TeleFutura and cable cousin, Galavisión, plus the addition of five TV channels - De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit - that the media company acquired from programming partner Televisa.

The far-reaching pact also encompasses the delivery of Univision content across all of AT&T's platforms, including online, smarthphones, tablets and U-verse TV, according to the parties. The deal will afford U-verse TV customers access to live feeds of Univision networks in and outside of the home. 

http://www.multichannel.com/article/484441-AT_T_U_verse_to_Launch_Univision_s_Three_New_Cable_Channels.php

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It's part of the u300 and not part of the u300 Latino...a Spanish language channel not available on any Spanish package...doesn't make much sense.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

There is no U300 Latino Package.  TLNovelas America (channel 191) is in the U200 Latino Package.  Univision Deportes (channel 658) is in the U300 and U450 Packages.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Im subscribed to the u300 Latino package now. Again, it makes no sense that a Spanish language channel not be available on any of the Latino packages. I'm paying more than the regular u300...it should be part of every Latino package, itsnot even available as part of the sports package. I do get the novelas channel, not that I'll ever watch it.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

12 years ago

@Nuksoocau wrote:
Im subscribed to the u300 Latino package now. Again, it makes no sense that a Spanish language channel not be available on any of the Latino packages. I'm paying more than the regular u300...it should be part of every Latino package, itsnot even available as part of the sports package. I do get the novelas channel, not that I'll ever watch it.

Do you have access to channel 3117 and 3417 (HD)?.  Titan TV says it's Univision Deportes and it's grouped in the spanish channel block

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

12 years ago

Homework_1 wrote:

Do you have access to channel 3117 and 3417 (HD)?.  Titan TV says it's Univision Deportes and it's grouped in the spanish channel block

I don't see those channels in the Guide yet.  My guess is that they are being added to the Latino packages.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.