SportsGuy62's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 11:02 PM

AT&T On Demand is Worthless

In past homes, we have had both XFinity and Charter. AT&T is by FAR the WORST cable provider we have ever had. Your OnDemand service is beyond terrible. Not only are recently aired episodes not available, but some episodes are only available in SD. Who in 2018 wants to watch as show in SD???  Good grief.  If I could change providers tomorrow I would. As soon as XFinity is available, we are cancelling. I don't care if I have to pay an early termination fee.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Our condos forced us to us ATT (guess they're getting some sort of kick back). It's been 3 weeks and ATT is so bad that I'm tempted to move! 

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

6 years ago

I actually don't mind if the on demand program is in SD. What I wish is that if a program is in a 16 by 9 format, that the setting is made so that you get the full picture instead of letter boxed in the 4 by 3 format. An example of this is on the MTV network channels and the History channel. These video on demand are shown in 16 by 9 but are standard definition. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I hate that (unlike every other service) there's no option to go directly to HD. Ie: if I go through the guide, see something I want to watch and hit ok, it will start playing the SD channel. Other services have an option where if I click on an SD channel and hit ok... it goes to the HD channel if there is one. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Ultimately... you haven't experienced TV until you've had the Xfinity voice remote. It's a life changer.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Adrian2222 wrote:

I hate that (unlike every other service) there's no option to go directly to HD. Ie: if I go through the guide, see something I want to watch and hit ok, it will start playing the SD channel. Other services have an option where if I click on an SD channel and hit ok... it goes to the HD channel if there is one.

So HIDE all SD channels that have an HD equivalent.  That way, you'll only see HD channels on your guide.

Menu > Options > Channel > Hide Channels

Be sure to Save.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.