wmtheel's profile

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2019 7:28 PM

Closed

ACC TV Network

Is U-Verse planning to carry the ACC Network?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

5 years ago

The ACC Network is now live on channel 610 and in HD on channel 1610.

If you don't see it, unplug your box for 30 seconds. If this is the DVR, make sure you're not recording anything for five minutes after the DVR gets plugged back in.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

5 years ago

I wonder if U-Verse will carry the new ACC Network coming August 22.  Since this will be an ESPN owned network, I would think so.  But after what happened with the PAC-12 you just can’t be sure.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Will UVerse TV carry the new ACC network beginning in August, 2019?

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

5 years ago

From Wikipedia: "ESPN stated in June 2017 that it had reached carriage deals for the ACC Network with unknown providers.[11] In October 2017, Altice USA committed to offering the channel as part of in its latest round of carriage negotiations with Disney.[12] On December 30, 2018, Disney reached a new carriage agreement with Verizon Fios, which included carriage of the ACC Network."

The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Network is scheduled to launch on August 22, 2019. I have not seen any information that indicates that AT&T has signed a carriage contract with ESPN in order to carry the ACC Network on either U-Verse or DirecTV. There are still almost six months left for this to happen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

I doubt att would add a channel in mid-contract and I don't know when ESPN's contract is up for re-negotiation.  ESPN can then use it as a excuse to extort higher contract fees which we will pay for next February when att raises the broadcast tv surcharge on our bills along with the other stuff they usually increase.Man Frustrated

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Will AT&T U-verse start carrying the ACCN channel as it already does with the SEC, PAC-12, TLN?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It looks like the deal with Direct TV is done.  Their logo appears on the latest ACCN banner I've seen along with hulu, fios and a few others. Hopefully a deal with U-verse will come soon since ATT owns both.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Is Uverse going to have the ACC network in August 2019? 

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

5 years ago

There is no one on this forum who can answer your question. For the most part, almost all of the people on this forum are U-Verse subscribers just like you. AT&T keeps things close to the vest in matters of new additions to the channel lineup. Generally, we do not find out additions to the lineup until shortly before the start or even that day. I wish I had a better answer for you.

This is what Wikipedia has to say about carriage of the new ACC Network.

"ESPN stated in June 2017 that it had reached carriage deals for the ACC Network with unknown providers.[13] In October 2017, Altice USA committed to offering the channel as part of in its latest round of carriage negotiations with Disney.[14] On December 30, 2018, Disney reached a new carriage agreement with Verizon Fios, which included carriage of the ACC Network.[15] On March 12, 2019, agreement was reached with the largest provider DirecTV.[16] Hulu and PlayStation Vue have also agreed to carry the channel at launch."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Will the ACC Network be a part of the Uverse channel lineup?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.