wmtheel's profile

Scholar

• 

117 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2019 7:28 PM

Closed

ACC TV Network

Is U-Verse planning to carry the ACC Network?

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

Not only will you never see ACC Network but it looks like you’ll be losing ABC Disney and ESPN programming too.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-att-carriage-dispute-impacting-abc-espn-1238553  

But don’t worry. I’m sure one of their puppets will be along to tell you how they’re “fighting for you.”

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

5 years ago

Really none of y’all know for sure if the Accn is coming or not and saying you do is a lie. The accn is an espn network and when they work out a new contract it very well may include the Accn on all att platforms its likely it will. This forum is full of people claiming to be in the know when they know no more than the posters asking the questions!!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

As I've stated a few times on here, the new Disney/ESPN deal that will get struck, whether it's after they remove their channels or before, will include the ACCN. ESPN hasn't, and likely won't, negotiate without the ACCN being included. It's likely part of the issue ATT has with Disney right now (as well as the rate).

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ouguy2017 

Is Longhorn Network on different tiers in different areas? I know Spectrum has it, but if you're a legacy TW customer, you won't get it unless the account is converted to a Spectrum one.

I wonder if AT&T is pushing for higher tiers outside of ACC territory. It wouldn't make sense from an AT&T standpoint for customers in Seattle and LA to get it on a basic tier.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Is The ACC Network currently available to me on DirecTV in the Denver area? Channel 612 does NOT work.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

5 years ago

@baseballisback wrote:

@Ouguy2017 

Is Longhorn Network on different tiers in different areas? I know Spectrum has it, but if you're a legacy TW customer, you won't get it unless the account is converted to a Spectrum one.

I wonder if AT&T is pushing for higher tiers outside of ACC territory. It wouldn't make sense from an AT&T standpoint for customers in Seattle and LA to get it on a basic tier.

Given that the #1 NCAAF team (Clemson) is in the ACC (and has already had an ACCN-exclusive game that was not on AT&T services), there may be some interest in ACC outside the east coast.  Similar to the argument for SECN and Alabama.   SEC and the ACC cover a large swath of AT&T territory.

But you're right, this is likely a sticking point.  And the Longhorn network is in different tiers in AT&T services depending on location.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, the LHN is tiered differently for different areas. In Texas and others, it's in a lower level package, outside of that, it's in a higher level pack.

I don't think it's a tier issue in terms of the ACCN. The ACCN deal with DirecTV and other carriers is actually in a fairly high package outside of the ACC states. It's been one of the more shocking things about the ACCN deals, it's not being required in low tiers like the BTN (FOX owned) and SECN was.

Their issue with Disney likely stems from the rate, the amount of channels that are included (lower level Disney channels, ABC networks, etc.). Ultimately though, I struggle to see how ATT allows ESPN to get dropped at all. They know me, and tons of others would drop them immediately 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I love  ATT NOW.  But im switching over Hulu Live because they have ACC Network. I from North Carolina and i watch a lot Carolina Tarheel Sports. The networks are making it really hard for customers to enjoy the team's they like. I now live in florida and im screwed once again. GET The ACC NETWORK. Please! 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

As a DUKE fan I am glad to see you go! LOL!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.