Tito_1's profile

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

Tuesday, January 1st, 2013 8:19 PM

ABC News Now, Channel 243

I noticed today while scrolling through the guide that ABC News Now was showing 'not subscribed'.   I currently have U300, was it moved to U450?  It does not matter since I don't watch the channel, just curious.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

ABC News Now, channel 243, is no longer shown in the Guide.

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

Not showing on my webremote either, must have been.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

11 years ago

It's not even included on the current online channel lineup.  Is it new, and the online lineup just hasn't gotten around to it?  I'm thinking U-Verse just pulled it for some reason; maybe it thinks enough people can get it with OTA.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

I have U450, and it says thtat I am not subscribed to this channel. Something has happened, and I imagine we will find out soon what the problem is.

There was an ABC channel just one channel past Bloomberg that I have had since I joined U-Verse on January 2, 2008. Now with all of the junk and shopping channels, channel 243 is several channels past Bloomberg. I really never watched it in the past.

Scholar

• 

194 Messages

11 years ago

Yep, looks like it's been pulled.  I looked at the online lineup also.  Probably up for renewal & wanted too much $$$$ & got pulled.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@Tito_1 wrote:

Yep, looks like it's been pulled.  I looked at the online lineup also.  Probably up for renewal & wanted too much $$$$ & got pulled.

Oh, oh! Here is comes. All of the millions of people who formerly watched that channel, and will now threaten to leave since it is gone.

Was the channel ever mentioned on one of the montly notices about channels up for renewal that Texasguy posts? I  do not remember ever seeing it on any notice, but since I do not watch it, I might have overlooked it.

Here is a Wikipedia article about the channel.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_News_Now

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The carriage agreement notice was posted in October along with all of the other Disney Channels. I'm not sure what this means.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/October-Carriage-Agreement-Notice/m-p/3331009

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

11 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

The carriage agreement notice was posted in October along with all of the other Disney Channels. I'm not sure what this means.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/October-Carriage-Agreement-Notice/m-p/3331009

First the Hallmark channels, then the NHL Network, and now ABC News Now. What is the value of ABC News Now so that I know how much to ask for in reduction of my monthly subscription rate?

Here is what Texasguy was referring to:

December 2012:

AT&T's contract with the programmer for the following channels is set to expire. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in December 2012: ABC Family Channel (channel 178 and 1178 in HD), ABC Family Channel – West (channel 179 and 1179 in HD), ABC News Now (channel 243),

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Looks like the trial ran out, so they finally put a end to that channel.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

11 years ago

I have been a subscriber since Oct 2008 and on this forum six months before that (and UU before that) and either do not remember ABC News Now or have forgotten of its existence.  That is the downside of "all of these channels and no Hallmark or LOT8's...." Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.