kevink745's profile

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 3:36 AM

4 HD Streams

I had my service installed three days ago. I like everything about it except I am unable to watch HD on all four of my receivers at the same time. I get an error message All HD services in use. I called support and was told I had to manage my viewing on the sets to only have 3 HD streams at one time. Everyone keeps interupting another set to view their program. This isn't something I should have to manage. Is there any way to have this changed so I can view HD on all my sets at the same time?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

Depending on your profile your Residential Gateway (RG) is configured to talk to the VRAD with (i.e. how fast is communication in to your home), you could be limited to 3 HD streams instead of 4.  If you are on the 25 Mbps comm profile,and your line could support the 32 Mbps profile, then you should be able to get 4 simultaneous HD streams.

What kind of RG do you have?  And for the fun of it, what High Speed Internet tier?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have the NVG589 gateway and internet is 18Mbps

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Checking the site to see what is offered to me only goes up to the 18mbps witch I have. My profile shows 1 SD / 3 HD WAN and 1 SD / 3 HD Ingress. Does this limit my options?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

What site are you checking?  I have the same problem - I was promised 4 HD streams during the ordering process (they said they checked our area), but they only delivered 3HD/1SD.  Getting to 4 or more SD streams was the only reason I switched from cable.  If I can't get them, I'm going back!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Yesterday we switched from Cox Cable to Uverse.  The reason we switched was to be able to get 4 HD streams so we could record 3 HD channels and watch a 4th HD channel. 

We were told (the sales person supposedly checked "our area") that this is what we could have. 

Now, after the installation is completed, I find that we can only have 3 HD / 1 SD stream.  This is according to the installer, and also the person (who I could barely understand) at the 800-2020 number.

Obviously I'm frustrated.

I want to make sure that this is the case before I switch back to Cox.

Can anyone help me?

Scholar

• 

195 Messages

10 years ago

what i did...is since i am the only one in the household that cares about HD...i showed all hd channels on the main t.v..and in the other 3 rooms i hid all hd replica channels...so i won't have to indure that problem if it ever occured....the kids usually watch the 300 channel range and the music stations in sd...

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

Rosa... You could try switching your DVR to a TV that you don't watch a lot. This way, you could record 3 HD shows at once while watching your 4th show in HD on your primary TV.

You still wouldn't be able to record four shows, but at least you could get four streams.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, I only am showing 1HD and 3SD streams on my Uverse. I've only had it a couple days and just now noticed this. I'm on Internet 25 with U450 everything included. I really hope I can at least get 2HD streams simultaneous. I used to be on Uverse a year ago in this same area and I could do 4 HD streams at the same time. Please help AT&T!

Community Support

• 

230.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Meinindiana,

Sorry to read of the stream issue. This is a quck fix. You can chat with us by clicking here to address it. Just let them know you want to change your change your stream one 1HD to 4HD. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, thank you I did speak to AT&T and they fixed this for me I now have 4
streams. Thanks for the response! 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.