jessica030474's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, December 30th, 2010 6:42 PM

3 Questions from a Newbie

1)  I know when the current show doesn't broadcast in 16:9 screen size, you're supposed to be able to use the zoom button on the uverse remote to stretch the image, but I can't figure out how to use it.  I assume that, since the button says "enter" and then "zoom" underneath, it must first be an "enter" button.  So, how do you make it the "zoom" function?

2)  I haven't used multiview, yet.  If you are technically viewing all these multiple channels at once, does that count as multiple streams in use?  I wouldn't want to mess up anyone else who's watching or DVRing in the house.

3)  Last night, we had a bad storm kick up and lost power briefly.  My sister was DVRing something at the time, so that was briefly interrupted.  The gateway blinked red for a bit and the STB in my room was flashing green on the power button, even though it had been off when the lights went out.  After a few minutes, everything returned to normal and the DVR even resumed recording the program.  Do power outages typically cause problems for the system?  We don't have many, but I was wondering if I would have to reboot anything after an outage.  Everything seems fine, so far.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

1K Messages

13 years ago

Hi, Jessica--welcome to U-verse!  I'm not very knowledgeable either, but I can help you with your first question.  Press the Enter (Zoom) button and a menu will come up on the right side of your screen.  Then use the right or left arrows (on either side of the OK button) to find the Zoom menu and select the desired size.  I'm sure one of the forum experts will help soon with your other questions.

docbombay

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

13 years ago

@jessica030474 wrote:

1)  I know when the current show doesn't broadcast in 16:9 screen size, you're supposed to be able to use the zoom button on the uverse remote to stretch the image, but I can't figure out how to use it.  I assume that, since the button says "enter" and then "zoom" underneath, it must first be an "enter" button.  So, how do you make it the "zoom" function?

2)  I haven't used multiview, yet.  If you are technically viewing all these multiple channels at once, does that count as multiple streams in use?  I wouldn't want to mess up anyone else who's watching or DVRing in the house. Only 1 SD stream for the main window in the multiview.  Other channels are just the preview channels as when browsing.

3)  Last night, we had a bad storm kick up and lost power briefly.  My sister was DVRing something at the time, so that was briefly interrupted.  The gateway blinked red for a bit and the STB in my room was flashing green on the power button, even though it had been off when the lights went out.  After a few minutes, everything returned to normal and the DVR even resumed recording the program.  Do power outages typically cause problems for the system?  We don't have many, but I was wondering if I would have to reboot anything after an outage.  Everything seems fine, so far.  It will all automatically reboot as everything is doing a power on cold boot, you should not have to manually do anything.

Thanks!

Hope you enjoy Uverse as I have for the last 2 1/2 years. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.