2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

Mentor

2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

I have Uverse Phone and Internet and thinking of switching from DirecTV to Uverse for TV. When I go to the online upgrade site I see under One-Time Charges ...

One-Time Charges

U-verse Activation Fee $49.00

Online Activation Fee Waiver-$49.00
2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI$0.00
One Time Charges Total$100.00

What is the $100 charge for and what is the $100 Reward Card for?

I realize I am probably in the wrong forum but do not know which one to post the question in. Sorry.

Message 1 of 8 (2,157 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: 2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

[ Edited ]

Sounds to me like AT&T is charging you $100 for the new residential gateway required for the upgrade to the TV portions and then off setting that with a $100 gift card so your total out of pocket costs to add the TV portion would be a net of $0.00.

Now that I reviewed your post it looks like your not getting the $100 gift card?  Should say -$100 if you were getting it?  You might be better off calling the 800-288-2020 number and discussing with a CSR.  Might be able to give you a better deal depending on the package/bundle you select.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (2,147 Views)

BeeBee, I think he would be getting it, the $0 amount is total cost to him, they don't show a -$100 on the order. That's the way our bill showed up when we placed our order for our new house.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 8 (2,110 Views)
ACE - Master

Ah ha.....Ou that makes perfect sense.  You pay the $100 bill then collect that back upon receipt of the gift card.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (2,103 Views)
Expert

The 3600HGV is for internet only customers and is sold to the customer for $100. It does not support U-verse TV.  U-verse TV customers use either the 3800HGV-B or the 3801HGV which not sold but are leased to the customer for $6/month when they also have U-verse internet.

Message 5 of 8 (2,075 Views)
Mentor

I'm getting more confused. I have an 3801HGV and they want to give me a 3600HGV. I only have Internet and Phone ... never had TV.. 

Message 6 of 8 (2,048 Views)
Expert

The 3600HGV does not work with U-verse TV.  You can use your current 3801HGV with U-verse TV.

Message 7 of 8 (2,044 Views)
Mentor
Solution
Accepted by topic author enigma_1
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

I think my problem is resolved. It seems to be a quirk in the website. I was trying to get the cost of 3 different packages and when I used the website "undo" feature on one and went to another the "2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway  $100.00" popped up. By backing completely out and starting from scratch for each "modify" the result does not indicate a new gateway is required. 

Thank you folks for your input.

Message 8 of 8 (1,995 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.