enigma_1's profile

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Friday, December 28th, 2012 3:53 PM

2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

I have Uverse Phone and Internet and thinking of switching from DirecTV to Uverse for TV. When I go to the online upgrade site I see under One-Time Charges ...

One-Time Charges

U-verse Activation Fee $49.00

Online Activation Fee Waiver-$49.00
2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway $100.00

Gateway $100 Reward Card for New HSI$0.00
One Time Charges Total$100.00

What is the $100 charge for and what is the $100 Reward Card for?

I realize I am probably in the wrong forum but do not know which one to post the question in. Sorry.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

I think my problem is resolved. It seems to be a quirk in the website. I was trying to get the cost of 3 different packages and when I used the website "undo" feature on one and went to another the "2Wire : 3600HGV Internet Gateway  $100.00" popped up. By backing completely out and starting from scratch for each "modify" the result does not indicate a new gateway is required. 

Thank you folks for your input.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Sounds to me like AT&T is charging you $100 for the new residential gateway required for the upgrade to the TV portions and then off setting that with a $100 gift card so your total out of pocket costs to add the TV portion would be a net of $0.00.

Now that I reviewed your post it looks like your not getting the $100 gift card?  Should say -$100 if you were getting it?  You might be better off calling the 800-288-2020 number and discussing with a CSR.  Might be able to give you a better deal depending on the package/bundle you select.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

BeeBee, I think he would be getting it, the $0 amount is total cost to him, they don't show a -$100 on the order. That's the way our bill showed up when we placed our order for our new house.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Ah ha.....Ou that makes perfect sense.  You pay the $100 bill then collect that back upon receipt of the gift card.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The 3600HGV is for internet only customers and is sold to the customer for $100. It does not support U-verse TV.  U-verse TV customers use either the 3800HGV-B or the 3801HGV which not sold but are leased to the customer for $6/month when they also have U-verse internet.

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

11 years ago

I'm getting more confused. I have an 3801HGV and they want to give me a 3600HGV. I only have Internet and Phone ... never had TV.. 

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

The 3600HGV does not work with U-verse TV.  You can use your current 3801HGV with U-verse TV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.