2160pixel's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 7th, 2019 8:42 PM

Closed

Why do I have no circle to check 2160 pixels?

I bought a new 2160 pixel TV.   When I go the Menu, Options, and Screen Resolutions screens,  it has a circle to check 720 or 1080 pixels.   There is no circle to check 2160 pixels.   Why?   Shouldn't the Screen Resolution screen have a 2160 option?   The 2160 is supposed to give four times the clarity and sharpness of the 1080.   Since you don't have the 2160 option, does this mean I am not getting all of the clarity and sharpness that I paid for when I bought my new TV.   Please tell how to get the most pixels.  Is there another screen or do you need to upgrade your system to keep up with the new technology?  Please let me know.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Att uverse dvr and receivers do not support UHD.  720p, and 1080i only.  Your tv will (or should) up convert the signal to display on your screen.

Note no tv station broadcasts are higher than 1080 anyhow in this country.  The sharpness of the resulting picture depends on the quality of your up converter.  And of course it can never be as sharp as a signal that doesn't require any up conversion, for example from a UHD blu-ray player showing a UHD video.   I believe DirecTV supports UHD (movies) but not sure since I don't have DirecTV.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.