mjpj137's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Friday, September 8th, 2017 2:12 PM

2160 4k tv

need a new TV.  most are now coming in 4k 2160p. I have att uverse TV I know that it only goes to 1080p. Will I still get a good picture with this 2160p or should I stay with a 1080 p ?

And No, do dont want the dish

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

U-Verse doesn't carry any 4K content. It's my understanding that some blu-ray content is 4K. Unless you have (or plan to get) one of these 4K blu-ray players, you might want to save the money and buy a less-expensive 1080p TV.

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

7 years ago

Lots of 4k video on You Tube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. It DOES make a difference even though most content is up converted.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

7 years ago

Video on demand may at some point be offered in 4k but until networks start broadcasting in 4k, I doubt they will offer it.

I do have a question. Do other providers such as Comcast, Dish, Spectrum and so on, offer 4k?

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

7 years ago

I believe DirecTV has PPV content in 4K.

Guru

• 

622 Messages

7 years ago

I would get a 1080 - 2160s are still quite expensive, and there isn't that much programming that justifies the cost.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I would recommend that before you buy one of these things you check AVSForum.com for reviews and also its forums.  It's a site for everything audio/video.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Please note that as of today the FCC has NOT set a standard for the broadcast for over the air 4k also know as ATSC3.0 which is the next generation of television. This is another milestone advancement in home entertainment which will be transitioned in over time as it is not compatible with curent tv technology. Just as we made the transition from analog to digital, this digital upgrade will move tv's to the next generation of digital technology which open tv up to greater platform compatibility. 

So before you sink a bundle of money into 4k you might want to  hold off until the FCC rules on ATSC3.0 by year end.

https://www.atsc.org/

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/fcc-vote-atsc-30-nov-16/169678

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/nab-hails-fccs-atsc-30-draft-order/169687

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I bought a great qled Samsung for 1500. Let me tell you that it makes regular 1080p look amazing. I know it will be a year or more before true 4k, but in the interim this is still a big improvement over 1080p television .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Huffmd - Do you have U-verse TV? I Bought a QLED TV yesterday (w/ pearl HDMI) and the HD Channel quality now looks awful. We previously had a 1080 TV and the HD quality was fine. Been on phone with Samsung, AT&T, and Best Buy all afternoon. No solutions. AT&T technical support person told me U-Verse wasn’t compatible with QLED TV and that content would be blurry. 

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

6 years ago

Yes I do have Uverse TV.  The picture comes in perfect .  I have a LG 55 inch OLED 4K.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.