Explore & discover

Helpful Links

wireless headphones with genie mini

Highlighted

wireless headphones with genie mini

I have a genie mini box and I can not get the wireless headphones to work with it. I have connected the red & white RCA jacks with the dongle thing, I have an old tv so it does not have HDMI ports. I connected the mini box with the yellow RCA jack in the video and the wireless headphone red & white jacks in the audio, it DOES NOT work. I know the headphones work because I can connect with them with other devices on the same tv. They worked with the old type of directv recievers also. I have also tried to connect to the tv itself through the tv audio out but when I mute the tv or turn down the volume the headphones volume mutes & turns down also. I am so confused, I have done everything I have read online to do. Does anyone else have any different things to try? I really need these to work!

Message 1 of 11
ACE - Expert

Re: wireless headphones with genie mini

What model Genie Mini do you have?

What brand/model wireless headphones?

Note that there are two "dongle" cables for the Genie Mini .... Component Video/Audio and Composite Video/Audio.  Which one do you have?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 11

The receiver is model C41-700, the headphones are inexpensive ones from Northern Tool for $8.99, (I have no clue what model or brand), and I have the cable that has the 3 jacks, (yellow, red & white). Is it because I don't have anywhere to plug in the audio cables in on the back of the receiver? I need a way to plug the cables into the reciver and not the tv.

Message 3 of 11
ACE - Expert

Unless those headphones have an integrated amplifier with a volume control, you can't connect them directly to the C41.  The C41 dongle provides red & white stereo RCA cable connections, typically meant for connecting to a TV or AV Receiver/Amplifier AUDIO IN jacks.  What sort of jacks do your $9 wireless headphones provide?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 11
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎01-14-2016 6:55 PM

I figured it out!! I plugged an extender into the red & white jacks on the dongle and plugged the wireless headphone jacks into the other end of the extender and wa la, headphones work! YAY!! Now my husband can sleep and I can watch tv past 8pm!!!!! Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 11
ACE - Expert

Glad you figured it out. Enjoy!

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

What kinda dongle did u get? Can I send me the picture
Message 7 of 11
ACE - Expert

It's this one, @csavitsky,

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=10pincompos

Message 8 of 11
Contributor

What kind of extender did you have?   Can you send pic or link?   We are having the same problem.   Thank you.

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

What type of extender did you have?   Can you send picture or link?   We are having the same problem.   Thank you.

Message 10 of 11
ACE - Expert

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support