wireless adapter is not recognized.

Tutor

wireless adapter is not recognized.

I got an internet connection kit but when its connected my receiver doesn't recognize it. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 10 (411 Views)
Employee

Re: wireless adapter is not recognized.

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

Press the DASH key on your remote control, does the pop up message indicates "SWM: CONNECTED"?

and how is the CCK connected to the receiver?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10 (20 Views)
Tutor

HR22 and no I don't get SWM: Connected when I press the dash. It will say not connected or looking for network. The CCK is connected with ethernet to the top connection on the receiver.

Message 3 of 10 (20 Views)
Expert

Disconnect AC power to the DVR, then plug it back in.  After it boots up go to network setup in the DVR's menu.

Message 4 of 10 (20 Views)
Tutor

Is the the same result as rebooting the receiver from the card slot?

Message 5 of 10 (20 Views)
Employee

Yes

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10 (20 Views)
Expert

A red button reset does not provide the same network reconfiguration as a power down reset.  I recommend the power down for reconfiguring a sticky networking issue.

Message 7 of 10 (20 Views)
Tutor

Sorry for waiting so long but the issued was solved with a power down of everything. Thanks for the help guys.

Message 8 of 10 (20 Views)
Expert

Good for you, thanks for letting us know.

Message 9 of 10 (20 Views)
Employee

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 10 (20 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support