Explore & discover

Helpful Links

the words "program cannot be fast forwarded" always on screen

Contributor

the words "program cannot be fast forwarded" always on screen

Whether I change the channel, use the DVR or just search the guilde, the words "program cannot be fast forwarded" appears on the TV screen

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jst1957
‎02-23-2017 4:21 AM

Re: the words "program cannot be fast forwarded" always on screen

Have you tried a red button reset behind the access card door?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
Tutor

No. Should I reset
Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Yes. No help.
Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by jst1957
‎08-30-2017 10:22 AM

@Alico668, if you're seeing this message all of the time, then something is wrong with your DVR. What DVR model do you have? You should only see this message on certain OnDemand channel downloads where the network restricts FF'ing past their commercials.  Resetting the DVR using the red reset button is the first troubleshooting step. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

The reset button thing worked! Thanks to everyone involved, you all saved my sanity. 

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support