Explore & discover

Helpful Links

swm not detected

Teacher

swm not detected

I have a SL5K4NR3-01.  Direct TV just sent me new genie HR54-500C-R.  When I try to do setup it says can not detect SWM & will not continue.  I have multiple lines coming from the satellite dish & when I looked up what SWM meant I do not think I have one.  Is there any way to bypass this.  I tried changing everything in setup & was not able to get past that screen.

Message 1 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: swm not detected

You need to change your dish LNB assembly to a SWM version ....

https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=3d2rblnb

How did you order the new HR54 Genie DVR?

DirecTV should have provided an installer to update your dish for your new Genie.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 13
Teacher

I did not have them come out as I have always done upgrades myself in the past.  I use my box at my residence, vacation home, & rv.

Message 3 of 13
Teacher

Which is the best splitter to get?

Message 4 of 13
Teacher

Am I correct that I do not need a power inverter as the genie has that built in?

Message 5 of 13
ACE - Expert

Yes the HR54 has a power inserter built in, the SWM splitter depends on how many minis or WVB that are connected.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Teacher

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.  I think I am going with the 5D2RBLNB & SPLIT4MRV. 

Please let me know if there is any reason why I should not go with these.

Message 7 of 13
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cwade0702
‎04-15-2019 9:36 PM

@cwade0702 wrote:

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.  I think I am going with the 5D2RBLNB & SPLIT4MRV. 

Please let me know if there is any reason why I should not go with these.

You don't really need the 5-LNB version anymore. There's nothing on 110ºW, and there won't be anything on 119ºW by the end of this year. All channels will be delivered from 99, 101 and 103º as MPEG2 channels disappear during this year.

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 13
Teacher

I have installed new swm splitter & 3D2RBLNB. HR54 box still says can not detect SWM.
Message 9 of 13
ACE - Expert

You have to connect the coax from the HR54 to the red power pass though port on the SWM splitter.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 10 of 13
Teacher

That is how I connected it but it does not work. I also tried running the one cable directly from satellite to HR54 box to see if maybe splitter was bad. No luck. Running new cable from satellite to Swm splitter now. 

Message 11 of 13
ACE - Expert

To troubleshoot this, forget about the SWM splitter. Just connect your HR54 directly to the dish LNB. The HR54 has a built-in power inserter for the dish LNB. If it still doesn't work, then something is wrong with the cable, connector, dish LNB, or HR54. 

Message 12 of 13
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by cwade0702
‎04-19-2019 4:25 PM

replaced cable from LNB to splitter it now detects the SWM.  I am now up & watching DirectTV  thanks for all the help!

Tags (1)
Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support