Explore & discover

Helpful Links

"Location not Authorized" error message on LG OLED with RVU

Tutor

"Location not Authorized" error message on LG OLED with RVU

This TV does not have a receiver, it uses the internal RVU.  I've had it set up for 6 months with no problems (4k, PPV all work fine).  Just recently, this error message appeared and obviously we don't get picture.  I have a separate receiver that runs through my home theater and that works fine. The home network and other TVs are running fine and the main Genie HD DVR is good.   I called CS but the operator had a hard time understanding that there is no "box" going into the TV.  I was pressed for time, so I cut the call short without a resolution.

Any suggestions?  Thanks

Message 1 of 335
Tutor

Re: "Location not Authorized" error message on LG OLED with RVU

I am having the exact same issue with my LG TV OLED65B6P. it started the day that diectv updated the software on Their HR54. my sony (also connected with RVU Gb connection) still working fine. I have a tech scheduled to come out tomorrow. but I think its a database issue with Directv software. its funny that most directv customer supports have no Clue of what you are talking about when it comes to RVU.

Message 2 of 335
Tutor

Thanks for your response, I have the 65-E6.  Please let me know the outcome of your tech appointment.  Much appreciated!

Message 3 of 335
Scholar

Have you tried unplugging the tv from power, the tv itself has a Deca built in that is needing a reset the only way to do that is by unplugging the tv and making it restart.  Make sure the tv is current on all updates as well

Message 4 of 335
Tutor

Same issue here.  No one at DirecTV phone support is able to help.  Cant really see why a truck roll will solve this problem.  It happened last night as soon as their internal and scheduled update rolled out.  I will post back if any of my support calls get anywhere.  Please let us know if you get back online.

Message 5 of 335
Tutor

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried unplugging the TV but that didn't solve the problem.   Intcguy, any luck with your service call?

Thanks

Message 6 of 335
Tutor

I am willing to bet that your issue started happening the moment that your HR 54s got the new software update. I think it only effects the LG TVs.
Message 7 of 335
ACE - Master

directv cant really troubleshoot rvu issues, that software is the tv manufactures responsibility.

one reason to use a mini

check for a firmware update

also, are these wired with coax to a deca to the tv?

and not via your home network?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 335
Tutor

These DirecTV LG systems have been working for more than a year. This only occurred when DirecTV updated their software. Most likely they did not put the MAC address range of LG within their database when they posted the new software is something like that.
Message 9 of 335
Tutor

Other posts regarding the same issue. 

https://www.dtvusaforum.com/threads/122171-quot-Location-not-Authorized-quot-error-message-on-LG-OLE...

The issue is related to Software: 0xd80, Wed 8/23, 12:47a. Nothing was changed in either the network environment or TV firmware. Only Directv software. 

if you have the older version of software then you should not have this issue. 

By the way the tech will show up at the house tomorrow. I don't think that he can do anything. I will keep everyone updated. 

Message 10 of 335
Scholar

I have the Samsung RVU and mine did the same thing not too long ago.  Steps that I did that got it back to working:

-unplugged the Broadband Deca connected via Ethernet to tv and waited a few secs plugged back in

-reset the genie waited until everything came back on

-went online into my account and refreshed both the genie and the RVU client

-unplugged the power cord from back of tv and waited 30 secs and plugged back in

Everything came back on.

Message 11 of 335
Tutor

Thanks. I'll try this tonight.

Message 12 of 335
Tutor

Any progress with the tech coming to your house?

Message 13 of 335
Tutor

SO here is the latest,

the tech showed up to my house this morning. I demonstrated how the Sony TV with only the Ethernet connection was working perfectly fine with its internal RVU unit. then I showed him the error message on the LG TV. and explained that this TV was working until 8/24/2017. I also showed him that the software on the HR 54 was updated on the same day. He told me that this is the second call that he has been on for the same exact reason. he told me that he will document the issue and said that this is defiantly directv's software issue. he also said that at this point the only thing that he could do was to provide me with an external 4k client. I explained that I purchased this TV because of its RVU capability and I did not want to have an external Box. so he told me to contact Directv and get credit on my account until the issue is resolved.....

if you are reading this, please contact directv and tell them about the issue so they might do something about it.

Thanks,

Message 14 of 335
Scholar

Are you going straight Ethernet into the tv or do you have the cable to the Broadband Deca with the Ethernet going to the tv?

Message 15 of 335
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support