Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: pop-ups won't go away and annoying format of this site

Tutor

pop-ups won't go away and annoying format of this site

last week an annoying pop-up not related to anything going on has started showing up randomly and will eventually go away with time.  only other relevant fact is that it does not happen during commercials.    av1  new external input is connected  do you want to use this?  yes no

why?????

also:  site does not mention that one has to be logged in and create an account just to ask a question.  then the question is not retrievable and  quite disappopinting to say the least.  one of the least user-friendly sites i have seen.

Message 1 of 22
ACE - Expert

OK.  Well, we're here if you decide you want to try solving it.

If you do post back, a sketch of your system components and how they're connected would be helpful.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 22
Contributor

I had the same message on my son's tv I sprayed electrical clean and lube spray in the average ports and on the male connection piece of an av cable and inserted it into each port several times over and it hasn't had the same annoying message since 🙂

Tags (2)
Message 17 of 22
Contributor

For what it's worth,  I had the exact same problem with my LG tv until I found this fix for it on another forum.  The problem is with the tv and is known hardware issue.  Here is the solution and I can verify that it works.  I tried this on my tv and haven't see a popup in a month. 

"Any number of LG TVs have this issue. The solution is the put a load (~1000 Ohm) on each of the three analog AV inputs. Get a set of component AV cables. Cut the cables approx 6" from the RCA jack, strip the leads (there are two). Solder a 1000 ohm resister between the positive and negative lead on each of the three cables. This will fix the issue 100%."

This info came from avforums.com : https://www.avforums.com/threads/disabling-input-detection-lg-smart-tv.1661039

Message 18 of 22
Tutor

Yeah I agree this I've been none to happy about this site today!! First I have this box when I try to go to refresh that says it's "checking my services" that pops up and stays there never going away, plus I also agree I'm fad up with how this stupid site seems to want you to log in around every turn you make, including to make a post here, even including that whole crap section about selecting all boxes with....., and I also wasn't to happy when it flagged me for saying a "bad word", I mean come on usually when people post things here they're pretty angry like myself!!

Message 19 of 22
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by sunruh76
‎01-31-2019 4:43 PM

It's a TV issue but no-one is 100% sre what's causing it.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 20 of 22
Contributor

I have ROKU TV streaming service on my LG tv . I get a popup message that says new device detected . Do you want to use it with the AV , yes or no ? What do I do to stop the popup from showing on my tv screen . Also , I have nothing connected to the AV connection just the HDMI 2 port .

Message 21 of 22
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@amosbr549 wrote:

I have ROKU TV streaming service on my LG tv . I get a popup message that says new device detected . Do you want to use it with the AV , yes or no ? What do I do to stop the popup from showing on my tv screen . Also , I have nothing connected to the AV connection just the HDMI 2 port .

I think you need to consult your TV's Owner's Manual. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support