Helpful Links

how can i tell if my TV is HD ?

Contributor

how can i tell if my TV is HD ?

Got a 42 inch from estate sale (no manual) How can I tell if its HD capable?

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: how can i tell if my TV is HD ?

If it has an HDMI port then it is HD and most TV makers have the manuals online.

Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

What's the brand and model number?  Try a Google search.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Scholar

If it's one of those "wide and skinny" tvs it's probably and HDTV

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

Not necessarily. Some early wide screen (16:9)  TVs were still SD only. And some 4:3 TVs support HD.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7
Teacher

I remember a couple of "HD" TVs that were 4 x 3 (with resolutions like 480p and 720p. But I don't remember ever seeing a 16 x 9 TV that didn't have at least 720p.

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Oh yeah. Some of the early DLP rear projection TVs were 16:9 screen but only supported 480i/480p inputs.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support