Helpful Links

do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

Tutor

do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

Do I need HD service before I can even check to see if my dish can receive HD signals?  I'm in the 21131 zip code.  iPhone app seems to indicate that I can receive them, but they don't show up with any strength when I try to set it up.

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

Setting up a HD dish can be a challenging exercise.  Consider this.  Order HD service from Directv.  If the installer can't get a good signal, you have no obligation or cost.

Message 2 of 4
Employee

If you are getting good signals on the 101 chances are you can get HD without any issues.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4
Professor

http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/Dish,%20Multiswitch%20and%20Cable%20FAQ.pdf will give you a lot of information about different dishes and help you identify which dish you have now.  Let us know what you have now and we can tell you if it is capable of getting HD.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the Watching DIRECTV Forum! Need to troubleshoot your service? Need to see some of the products we offer? Wondering how to take your DVR with you? Click below!

Additional Support