Explore & discover

Helpful Links

direct tv picture freezing

Contributor

direct tv picture freezing

Local channels only keep freezing up on our NON HD receivers.  Minneapolis/St Paul area channels.  Reset numerous times not fix??    

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: direct tv picture freezing

@TSims5 wrote:

Local channels only keep freezing up on our NON HD receivers.  Minneapolis/St Paul area channels.  Reset numerous times not fix??    

This could be due to the fact that MPEG2 SD channels are being discontinued starting this month. 

Have you received an email from DirecTV offering to swap your old non-HD equipment for modern boxes for free?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks, after 1 hr on phone with ATT customer service, they offered free upgrade and basically said they no longer support the old SD receivers.  blaiming it on the local channel providers, but will be a NO-Cost upgrade supposedly....  Will wait to see the bill in next couple months...

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@TSims5 wrote:

Thanks, after 1 hr on phone with ATT customer service, they offered free upgrade and basically said they no longer support the old SD receivers.  blaiming it on the local channel providers, but will be a NO-Cost upgrade supposedly....  Will wait to see the bill in next couple months...

Careful. There's often a distinction between a "free upgrade" and a "free swap".  Any "upgrades" usually trigger a new two-year contract commitment. The free SWAP does not. Be sure they clarify this distinction for you, especially if you don't want another two-year contract. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support