Message 61 of 73
Tutor

Re: direct tv picture freezing

I have four tv’s that are impacted and I just sent off another email - I
want it all documented.
Message 62 of 73
Teacher

Great idea! Good luck... I switched to Dish...havent had any issues.
Message 63 of 73
Contributor

I think it's time to hop on over to Dish. My recordings randomly disappear. The picture constantly freezes and pixelates. Fast forwarding isn't even close to being fast as it freezes everytime you attempt to skip a commercial. The mere threat of  precipitation causes the satellite to lose signal. It requires too many steps to search, change settings, etc. We pay them for a service and their only solution is for the consumer to go through a series of ridiculous workarounds. They don't have time to fix any issues. They are too busy laughing all the way to the bank.

Message 64 of 73
Contributor

This freezing screen been happening for yr with no results from Direct TV. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 65 of 73
Teacher

I gave them 2 months to fix it and they never did so I cancelled. I got fed up and switched to Dish and works perfect... not sure why AT&T can t get a good signal but Dish can... something seems a little fishy to me. I would ask for the records telling them of the problem and make them send you a copy of their inability to fix the problem. Just in case they try to bill you for cancelling a contract before the term ends. Good Luck!!
Message 66 of 73
Tutor

Solved? Ok sure. It’s 2/21/19 still going on. 

Message 67 of 73
Tutor

Directv is a joke.  I have had to endure TWO YEARS OF PIXELATION AND PICTURE FREEZE on all my tvs.  They sent out three technicians when first installed trying to remedy the problem two years ago.  Changed out LNBs, of course, made in China, took barrel extensions out of wiring, replaced the STB.  Nothing helped.  Worked my way up the food chain @ AT&t until some Regional Supervisor told me that I would have to wait, yes wait until the completion of my two year contract before they could do anything beyond what they had already done.  Like try wireless mini genies or an upgraded receiver.  I called today after my two years of constant misery only to be told they STILL don't have a solution.  My bill is over $212/month now!!  For what??  Having movies interrupted at least every 20 minutes or so with major pixelation or freeze altogether.  I'm done with these shysters.  DISH tv here I come.

Message 68 of 73
Teacher

We left DirectTV about 6 months ago and are with Dish now...no problems with freezing...AT&T bought DirectTV and ever since its been bad service...plus i have a lower payment since leaving DirectTV...not sure what AT&T is doing with this big buyout of AT&T but its definitely not about customer service.
Message 69 of 73
Highlighted
Tutor

Glad to hear. Thanks for your assurance that DISH is a viable option.
Message 70 of 73
Contributor

Ok,  reading this thread is just breaking my heart.  Just switched over to their DVR/HD service.  Worked fine for a couple of days then just started with the freezing.  Called customer 'no' service and after trying to charge me a service call, trying to make me buy their protection racket, they finally admitted that they had a system problem, not sure when it would be fixed.  I thought this had just occurred, not been going on for years!  I had also been on their 'standard' service for many years without an issue.  Now I am not sure what to do.

Message 71 of 73
Contributor

Check to make sure the receiver is plugged in and functioning.
Are front panel lights lit? Can you turn the receiver on with the front panel?
If you push a button on the remote, do you see a green light on the top? You may need new batteries.
Make sure TV is plugged in and turned on to the correct input.
This is a simple step but it’s worth checking.
If you have the TV remote, try using the {TV INPUT} or {SOURCE} button to change the input to the right one.
Make sure all cables are connected between receiver and TV.
90% of problems are caused by bad cable connections. Make sure every cable is tight.

Directv has always provided excellent installation and support to its users. To know more, visit Directv Packages.

Message 72 of 73
Teacher

Hi Needles;
Sorry your having issues with your DirectTV freezing. This sounds very typical of the same issue we had; I got so upset with ATT I cancelled my Directv over 6 months ago and haven't looked back. They have some major issues to correct I think and sometimes I think the Freezing was a way for AT&T to get people to call in and complain and then allow them to UPSELL you for more products and services. Who knows. I find it very odd that a company the size of AT&T doesn't have the engineers to be able to troubleshoot a problem that is so systemic. We had techs come out and try everything and it was still freezing a week later. You may want to consider looking at Dish. We haven't had any issues with Dish since switching. And got a lower cost. Good Luck!!

- Please type your reply above this line -##
Message 73 of 73
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support