Helpful Links

Re: direct tv picture freezing

Contributor

direct tv picture freezing

my picture will run for a minute or two then freeze again

Message 1 of 75
Contributor

Our TVs are also freezing. Started happening on all our TVs  the beginning of March. They freeze for 20 seconds up to a minute. Weather is not an issue, even happens on clear sunny days. 

Message 16 of 75
Mentor

I have far less issues, like a freezing screen, using my Roku device and Hulu.  Better quality of picture & audio too.

Message 17 of 75
Tutor

My household is having the same problem it seems as if recording shows sometimes is impossible to get through the show because it freezes so much not to mention live TV is freezing up as well it's getting to the point to where DirecTV is going to have to let us out of our contract they can't provide us with the TV service that they promised they better get it fixed and get it fixed quick

Message 18 of 75
Contributor

I’m close to giving up and going back to cable after 10 years with Directv.  I’ve had tech come to my house and it never gets better.  

Message 19 of 75
Teacher

Direct TV continues to freeze;  Tech came out and fixed it then a week later same problem again. System freezing and if I go to the list to watch a program it doesnt work either. No weather issues so cant blame it on the clouds this time.  Tried resetting the whole system and still no luck; either its a box problem or signal problem..whatever the issue needs to get fixed..and if this continues I may cancel..the worst part of this I wanted to get it fixed before all the College football games started and here we are on GAME DAY and having freezing issues....so frustrated with this and with what they charge to have to deal with this is ridiculous - why cant they fix it?

Message 20 of 75
Teacher

Mine goes white screen too... this is very frustrating and im getting fed up with it.

Message 21 of 75
Contributor

I have had 2 techs at my house and changed cables and connections and still freezes up cannot wait until my subscription is expired complete disappointment

Message 22 of 75
Highlighted
Contributor

I am having the same issue with the 4K box freezing up constantly, I have to change the channel to unfreeze it. A tech game out changed out the 4K box and the genie box and there was no change. Tech support told me it was an ongoing issue and they are working on it. Its been over a year and no change. So i tell you, How long is it suppose to take to fix this problem........

Message 23 of 75
Tutor

Don't hold your breath. DirectV knows they have a problem and have not fixed it. Best guess is not enough customers have complained or gone elsewhere.
Message 24 of 75
Tutor

Been with AT&T and Directv for about twenty years. I even recommended them to my parents when they moved to town. Now we are both having freezing issues. All channels, live or recorded programs, all weather conditions. I have called and had a technician out three times. The first time trying to get a technician was a nightmare.  They have not fixed the issue, can't watch a football game or Austin City Limits without issues. The last time a technician was here, he told my wife the freezing issue was a company-wide issue that IT is working on. How long does it take to fix an issue? Reading the previous responses this has been going on for over a year.

Message 25 of 75
Mentor

The freezing is a known issue.  They got another 24 month contract out of me under the guise of an upgrade to the Genie 2 fixing the freezing issue I was experiencing with my Genie.  The wouldn't just replace my Genie, as I didn't have a protection plan (that never mattered pre AT&T), so I could buy a Genie or upgrade to the Genie 2 for free.  Well, to make a long story short, the Genie 2 freezes, and after I called them they said it was a known issue.  So, rather than just telling me that in the first place, they got me for another 24 months.

It's a software issue.  

Message 26 of 75
Former Employee

Call in to the retention department and see about getting a tech out to look at the issue. 

Message 27 of 75
Tutor

Had 3 different techs out already. They are the ones saying it is a
corporate issue.
Message 28 of 75
Teacher

I finally cancelled DirectTV-- got fed up with the issues-- first the freezing now the system saying hard drive issue failure... got a better deal with Dish and lower cost and a $100 gift card for switching. Direct TV just got worse and worse. Good Luck with your issues.
Message 29 of 75
Former Employee

Sorry to see you go and that you didn't have a better experience . Thank you for your feedback .

Message 30 of 75
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support